Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Default Cost vs. price

I have thought for years that the very large premium for inverter welders was not justified by cost differences. Note that some companies are offering inverter welders for price parity with transformer machines.

I am happy with my Syncrowave 200, but I can see the advantage of less current draw, and smaller size and weight, without doing a more detailed feature comparison.

But the introduction of the Syncrowave 210 may lower resale values of the Syncrowave 200 and 180, supporting my frequently expressed opinion that the best value for a basic TIG welder is a used Syncrowave 180 or 200.

Richard

Got a chance to run it tonight.Pretty straight forward controls.Unlike my SW250 you do not hear the hi freq it just lights off and you're on your way,lift arc is nice too.
    The odd thing(to me) is the fan constantly turns on and off,don't remember this from the Dynasty I have run.
    On AC in lift arc the arc dropped out twice......not sure if it was me or the machine.I lit the arc and 3/4 the way to having a puddle and the arc went out like I let off the pedal when I did not.
    Gonna run some stick tomorrow and try it out on 120V just to see what it does.

Default Why so heavy?

From the Miller spec sheet:
    "Low power draw. Inverter-based power
    source provides full welding output from
    230 V while drawing less than 30 amps."

If a DX200 weighs 45 lbs, why does the 210 weigh 133 lbs?

My old syncro took another crap, second time in six months. My electrician friend swears it's due to cutting back on the grids, and it's reaking havoc on machines, appliances, and equipment. I was all set to buy another tranny and said screw it and bought one of these yesterday. LWS said it should be here wendsday.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Joe View Post
    From the Miller spec sheet:
    "Low power draw. Inverter-based power
    source provides full welding output from
    230 V while drawing less than 30 amps."

If a DX200 weighs 45 lbs, why does the 210 weigh 133 lbs?
    The 210 has the cart build in. Add the cart to the Dynasty and you get closer. As you see they build the 210 into a MillerMatic chassis.

Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw
    6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Quote Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
    The 210 has the cart build in. Add the cart to the Dynasty and you get closer. As you see they build the 210 into a MillerMatic chassis.
    Well thank ya! Then this model fills that chasm that exists between the Diversion and Dynasty series. The 210 has a nice feature set. I'm not quite ready yet as my oxy class starts in a couple of weeks with TIG the following semester. At that time I may still go for the 200DX, but at least now there is a good second choice in blue.

Boy am I glad I just sold my sync 200 a few months ago. I actually got 50$ more than I paid for it brand new from air gas. the 210 sync looks cool, not surprising they went to the inverter base for the power source. I sold the sync 200 for the diversion 180. I was limited by input power in my garage. I am happy as heck with the diversion, I love the inverter arc.

Way to go miller, you keep coming up with new(cool) stuff
    MM 211 W/ Spoolgun
    Diversion 180
    Spectrum 375 X-TREME
    Portable Victor O/A
    Palmgren Bench Drill Press
    14" Evolution Dry Saw
    IR 60 Gal. 3 HP Compressor
    Speedglas 9100x
    My Brain