Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Big green egg's cart

Hi All

Since becoming a father, my hobby of welding has taking a backseat, but this month I got serious about building a cart for my two Big Green Egg BBQ's. I've been mulling over the design for this cart for about a year and recently decided that if I build one it would be designed to be mobile beyond my backyard so I can compete in BBQ competitions. So this has played heavily into the overall design. Want it to be a backyard island as well as cart that can be rolled into a cargo trailer and travel cross country.

I've struggled with past projects with trying to keep everything square. They always start out well but then as I get further into the construction it gets out of wack. This one hands down is probably the best build if have done. It has been a great confidence builder. The basic frame is done and now I'm adding the bells and whistles. Currently have 2 of three frames and hinges installed for the retractable countertops. The rear axle is completed. The front axle with steering is installed, but I need to move the tie rods forward so I can get tighter turning radius. The lower part of the cart will have a large draw that is 42"w X 10"h X 26"d on ball bearing sliders that will hold the accessories for my pits and hardwoods for cooking. Currently planning on all countertops to be deck with pine. My wood working skills still need a lot of refining and until then I don't want to risk higher end materials ending up in the mistake pile. I also have 2 burn stove that I will be mounting over the rear axle along with a propane tank rack. Below is a link to some photos of what I've completed so far

http://s260.photobucket.com/user/Bar...ary/Egg%20Cart

Nice work!

Now where is the rest of it? What a teaser.

What is your specialty for cooking?
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Default Spam???

Bart:

I act under the assumption that this is a welding forum and not a means of wasting my time being tricked into clicking onto advertisements for Chevrolet Trucks and art galleries or come ons for the Sierra Club.

You may have something pertaining to your stated subject matter interspersed somewhere within your advertisements but I'm not looking further after five attempts to find it.

How about doing something useful by explaining to us the compensation scheme of what you are obviously doing.

Please take your dog and pony show elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by dkennett View Post
    Bart:

I act under the assumption that this is a welding forum and not a means of wasting my time being tricked into clicking onto advertisements for Chevrolet Trucks and art galleries or come ons for the Sierra Club.

You may have something pertaining to your stated subject matter interspersed somewhere within your advertisements but I'm not looking further after five attempts to find it.

How about doing something useful by explaining to us the compensation scheme of what you are obviously doing.

Please learn to use the computer before running your mouth.
    Pick the link in the text instead of in the signature. He has done NOTHING wrong and I feel you owe him an apology.
    THIS is the proper link.
    MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
    Just For Home Projects.

Bart:

Ouch!!!! That way was out of line.

Bart:

Wow!!!!!

Great to be back on Millers Project Forum. Nice to meet you.

Disregard signature below may be viewed as offensive by some people.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis View Post
    Nice work!

Now where is the rest of it? What a teaser.

What is your specialty for cooking?
    Hi Elvis

Still got a couple more weekends of work to do. Hopefully I'll have it completed by the end of August.

Personally I like to cook pulled pork, tri-tip and pork spare ribs. I'm hit and miss on Brisket. Taken a 1st and 3rd place for pulled pork and 2nd place form my brisket in a couple amateur competitions. Also make a pretty mean pinto bean and wood fired bread that goes great with my tri-tip.

Haven't done any professional comps, but the last 2 years I have been in charge of a KCBS sanctioned competition and it's motivated me to get back out and compete again. But need to get my self mobile first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Hi All

....................................... Below is a link to some photos of what I've completed so far

http://s260.photobucket.com/user/Bar...ary/Egg%20Cart
    pretty straight forward link to me Bart - that is great work! congrats on the phase of fatherhood - I am also a hobby welder - I mean hobby HACK - as well as a father of three phenomenal little beings that have take my learning curve and flattened it out completely (fired up my 211 tonight for the first time in months and created massive squiggly bugars...but at least they are not green and slimy which is what I'm more used to these days!)

looking forward with great envy to your finished pictures - I think there was a bit of a knee jerk reaction following what was probably a terrible day by another member - eh, let it slide - I don't believe he's consistently nasty like that....I've been there and I'm sure we all have...

Welcome back to the forum - keep up the good natured guilt pictures to guys like me who need to get back under the hood more often!
    Miller Thunderbolt 225 AC/DC
    Millermatic 211 Auto/MVP