Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    I need about 18" of 3/4 inch black electrical tape. Just have one splice to do. I'd rather not buy a whole roll for just one splice.
    Any body got a real small roll you could send me?
    You'll need a special permit from Cal Dot to transport it

Your truck will also need to meet CARB tier .0000001 regulations for transporting electrical tape.

WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    You'll need a special permit from Cal Dot to transport it

Your truck will also need to meet CARB tier .0000001 regulations for transporting electrical tape.

WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.

This reminds me of a situation not long ago where an employee kept complaining about a warning label on a cleaning solution he was having to use in an area that he felt wasn't ventilated properly.

It did say not to breath it, get it on your skin etc and had the cancer warnings on it.
    So he went up the chain to complain and one from almost at the top said, oh no don't worry about that warning label, it is for California.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock40 View Post
    don't worry about that warning label, it is for California.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock40 View Post
    This reminds me of a situation not long ago where an employee kept complaining about a warning label on a cleaning solution he was having to use in an area that he felt wasn't ventilated properly.

It did say not to breath it, get it on your skin etc and had the cancer warnings on it.
    So he went up the chain to complain and one from almost at the top said, oh no don't worry about that warning label, it is for California.
    If you are NOT using this product in the state of California, it does NOT have ANY of these effects on you, ONLY when used in California. Something about a chemical composition change when it crosses the state line. So if your not in California don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    I need about 18" of 3/4 inch black electrical tape. Just have one splice to do. I'd rather not buy a whole roll for just one splice.
    Any body got a real small roll you could send me?
    I have a roll that small, maybe slightly more than 18" though, but you can have it for free if you come get it. I might be home by 5:30 this afternoon, so drop by and pick it up. If you start out early yesterday morning you should get here by the time I might get home from work. See ya then.

Just for "the record", the 1" round stock I'm selling (remember I ship, or delivered to your door, or at least thrown in the front yard) is not known to cause cancer in ANY of the 55 states, period. Not even in Puerto Rico or the Soloman Islands. In Lousianna you're on your own tho.
    It "might" be "slightly" radioactive but whatever, so is the sun.

I do know a cat in California who was hit repeatedly on the head with a 1" bar, he's really not right anymore but he doesn't have cancer so there ya go.

Premium salvaged nuclear material at premium prices, that's us.

J
    Some days you eat the bear. And some days the bear eats you.

Coming soon, used but still slightly sticky electrical tape ripped to length. No job too small.

Delivery charges might apply.

J, your one stop shop. You call we haul.
    Some days you eat the bear. And some days the bear eats you.

Hmm, it really shouldn't be too hard to locate steel in New Jersey. Google is your friend.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Synchroman; 08-20-2013 at 05:17 PM.
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Milermatic 252
    Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"