Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default dynasty 200dx. small or big fix?

I have a dynasty 200dx that was made in april 2010 and guess what. it quit working. wow just out of warranty, how convenient. only a couple hundred hours on it. ill ask the question here but already know that there are to many things that can go wrong with these machines to answer. but here we go. machine powers on and does everthing it should except make sparks. I tried every different way, in ac,dc,stick constant on and with remote. tried 2 foot pedals, 2 torches and nothing. gas valve works ok, can change postflow times, all the buttons seam to do what their told. change amperage ok. set any ideas from anyone would be appreciated. theres a repair shop local,not authorized but pretty good at it. he took off the wrapper and poked around a little, but figures it will be a fortune to fix. sad that $3500 only gets you 3 years these days.

Default fix it yet??

hello, I'm no expert but make sure your working lead (ground) cable is nice and secure in the fitting. check the clamp also. I'm not trying to insult you or anything, just trying to eliminate the obvious.

From the way it sounds, it doesn't seem like its a hard fix, but sometimes you never know I guess. Please post if you fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by goichi1 View Post
    hello, I'm no expert but make sure your working lead (ground) cable is nice and secure in the fitting. check the clamp also. I'm not trying to insult you or anything, just trying to eliminate the obvious.

From the way it sounds, it doesn't seem like its a hard fix, but sometimes you never know I guess. Please post if you fix it.
    I would give Miller a call and see what they have to say, it may be something they know about and will make good on it. worth a try...

Hope everything turns out good for you.

Thumbs up

First thing I would do is see what Cruizer thinks...

he has an excellent grasp of troubleshooting these blue boxes...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Give Miller a call. often they will supply the parts, but no labour up to 6 months past warranty. Lincoln is the same way.

cayager,

Give TIG support a call and they'll be able to help you out - 920.954.3610

thanks guys. hats off to miller I did contact them and they will supply the parts. and the repair center said a couple hours labor so that's not bad. ive had blue running in my blood for 20 years. Ive had a lot of machines from small millermatics to big blues and have had terrific luck with very minimal repairs. I know as these things get more electronic there will be more problems. I guess its the way with everything. but glad to see they stand buy their product.
    Last edited by cayager; 07-19-2013 at 08:46 PM.