Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default wat lpm fir shielding gas welding titanium?

haven't figured how to attach pics yet, but about to undergo first titanium welds. got chamber built, jus need to purchase gloves and rings to seal gloves to chamber. all thats left is finding flow rate of shielding gas and steady hand for the execution. looking forward to input and ill post again thru out process

I think you mean CFH but anyways. I used to turn my chamber purge on at around 10 CFH and my torch set to 15 CFH, try it on a test piece first and make sure you have no oxidation of the weld or HAZ (heat affected zone). If you have any oxidation bump up your chamber CFH a bit. What size gas cup are you running?
    Miller syncrowave 200 runner with coolmate 4
    and wp2025 weldcraft torch
    Miller 125c plasma cutter

A good place for the gloves and rings is TP Tools...

http://www.tptools.com/Sandblasting-Gloves.html

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

size 12

i watched a video on weld tube for gas lense and cup info

Yup nice big cup with a lense in the chamber, you should be good.
    Miller syncrowave 200 runner with coolmate 4
    and wp2025 weldcraft torch
    Miller 125c plasma cutter

thanx for term correction, and input

Quote Originally Posted by jrscgsr View Post
    I think you mean CFH but anyways. I used to turn my chamber purge on at around 10 CFH and my torch set to 15 CFH, try it on a test piece first and make sure you have no oxidation of the weld or HAZ (heat affected zone). If you have any oxidation bump up your chamber CFH a bit. What size gas cup are you running?
    It is the same thing but in metric

L/PM Litres Per Minute

A litre is a Volume measurement already

CFH- Cubic Feet per Hour

a foot is not a volume so we have to then state it as a Cube to show volume.

Most likely your regulator gauge has both measurements on the dial- at least all of the ones I have do.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Default Oooops...

CFH- Cubic Feet per Hour

a foot is not a volume so we have to then state it as a Cube to show volume.

A cubic foot IS a measurement of volume.
    Last edited by davido30093; 07-15-2013 at 12:43 PM.

i had to look up acronym foe the cfh, wher i com from its known as lpm. i stil glad to kno mor. lil knowledge nun hurt nunbody