Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: miller 325

Hybrid View

Default miller 325

has anyone had any troubles with their machine recently with heat? also how is it on pipe?

Default miller 325

Are you talking about a Trailblazer 325 ? If so what problems are you having with the unit.

My tb325 is in the shop with 4 hours on it.
    i called miller when it was happening, they told me that it was a fuel something something board, and that a lot of machines where having this issue.

In the auto speed position, it would run crappy for about a minute(after it was hot) then die.
    in the run position it would run for about 5 minutes.
    also in the run position in mig welded aluminum better( I was repairing a pontoon boat when mine started acting up).

Miller said the machine was starving for fuel at idle, and that's why it didn't weld good in the auto run position.

Hope it all gets fixing.

Btw, I bought mine strictly as a just in case I get canned from my oilfield job.i would have something to fall back onto.thats why I've had it for 5 months and only 4 hours.

Cruizer has a thread on here somewhere about the 325 heating issues, as well as the fuel starvation/flooding issues due to the CARB compliant caps. Have a search around, or look on his page for recent threads.

Here is his thread on the overheating. http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...hlight=cruizer

The solution to the fuel cap issue is to drill a very small hole into it for a vent.
    There were also some issues using the AUX power for a grinder at idle, don't remember what that was about exactly.

Nope, that cap and vent thing was for the Ranger 305's. The 325s are having problems with Pc1 and the fuel modulator. Big time summer heat issues as well. If your replacing the fuel modulator, its best to reset the engine ecu as well. and not by removing the bat cable, cause that does nothing.