Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ss custom turbo header

Hi, I'm a newbe on welding but I'm making a turbo header for my bike. It's going to be made on SS 304. I will like to received advice, sugestions and maybe alittle help about tric etc. I'm using a .035 ss fluxcore at 240v on my 211mvp. I need to know what can I use in order to clean the metal.

acetone

dont forget to purge ss pipes

Like I said, I'm new on this, what do you mean with purge?

If you are using flux core I don't think you are going to purge with argon.
    Miller Dynasty 300DX
    HTP MIG 240
    HTP 380 Plasma

Bridgeport Milling Machine
    South Bend Lathe
    Etc. Etc....
    tjsperformance.com

Default ss custom turbo header

I would recommend using solid wire with gas mix, and acetone or similar well make for easy clean up.

Ok, thanks for the advice, but I only have this .035 ss fluxcore roll. I can't buy a 3mix bottle on this moment. But thanks! Does any one knows about about what kind of setting I should use? The volts/wire feed combination for that wire?

Quote Originally Posted by Goliad316 View Post
    Ok, thanks for the advice, but I only have this .035 ss fluxcore roll. I can't buy a 3mix bottle on this moment. But thanks! Does any one knows about about what kind of setting I should use? The volts/wire feed combination for that wire?
    You will be doing yourself a HUGE favor by getting a bunch of spare tubing and do a lot of practicing on it... Only when you are confident in your fitting and welding skills should you attempt to start the real project...

No shame in developing your skills to equal the task...

Think you will be much happier in the long run..

How can anybody advise settings if we do not know the thickness of the tube and flanges as well as the maker and formulation of fluxcore??

For an example: Aufhauser Flux Cored Stainless Steel Wires

http://www.brazing.com/products/Weld...red_stainless/
    Last edited by H80N; 07-11-2013 at 09:30 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Hi the tube is a 304 sch10, the flanges are 3/8". other is 5/16" and a t3 flang of about 1/5"

I allready start the proyect but I'm seen a lot of splaters on the area, and I'm worried of not getting good penetration.