Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: spoolmatic 30a

I don't know about the smoke....
    but is the positive lead ran through the wc115? It has a current sensor that when current is detected, it switches from run in speed to set speed on the gun (wire feed speed).

Does your have a contactor?
    Mine did not, so I bought one that had a 24v coil and installed it myself, the bobcat has to be in run for my contactor to close when I squeeze the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Amc724 View Post
    I don't know about the smoke....
    but is the positive lead ran through the wc115? It has a current sensor that when current is detected, it switches from run in speed to set speed on the gun (wire feed speed).

Does your have a contactor?
    Mine did not, so I bought one that had a 24v coil and installed it myself, the bobcat has to be in run for my contactor to close when I squeeze the trigger.
    yes the pos lead runs through the wc115, through the contactor. the issue is with the 115v power for the drive rolls. it runs fine off shop power but not off the bobcat. It did run fine, but the wires got hot and fried the ground wire when run off the bobcat

Default spoolmatic 30a

The information you want is already existing on this website, click the links above. Start clicking and researching yourself.

I would first ask if you have gone through ALL the troubleshooting steps in this reply??
    AND the troubleshooting section of the Bobcat manual??

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...597#post309597

If you have gone through all of it and still have erratic 120vac output...
    you might have a problem with your Bobcat..
    Last edited by H80N; 07-11-2013 at 08:59 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

yes, I have checked all that I can. Nothing in the trouble shooting refers to the problem I am having, That is why I am having the outlets checked before I go any further

Quote Originally Posted by kbenz View Post
    yes, I have checked all that I can. Nothing in the trouble shooting refers to the problem I am having, That is why I am having the outlets checked before I go any further
    Not True

Check Section 9-2. Auxiliary Power Troubleshooting Page 33 of the manual

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o405e_mil.pdf

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

That's why I have Jeff coming out to check my outputs. until then I do not know if my problem is the outputs or not. It may have just been a wire rubbed raw and shorted out (I hope)

thanks

got back to it again. outlets checked out fine. Replaced the 120v power cord that fried with a 14g cord to the wc-115a. ran some wire. all seemed ok. thanks for the input