Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spoolmatic 30a

Default spoolmatic 30a

running my spoolmatic off my bobcat for first time today. ran good off my shop 110 (for wc-115a) but when I try to run the 110 off the bobcat it don't want to weld? feeds ok. doesn't seem to have enough current to weld though. (yes I have my fine tune amps turned up on bobcat) Any ideas? do I just need to turn up my amps?

Quote Originally Posted by kbenz View Post
    running my spoolmatic off my bobcat for first time today. ran good off my shop 110 (for wc-115a) but when I try to run the 110 off the bobcat it don't want to weld? feeds ok. doesn't seem to have enough current to weld though. (yes I have my fine tune amps turned up on bobcat) Any ideas? do I just need to turn up my amps?
    Do you have it set to CV constant voltage mode??

for MIG you will want CV mode NOT CC mode

and adjust your VOLTS not your amps...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Default spoolmatic 30a

Yes I have it switched. Everything works fine when 115 is plugged into my shop. Problem is when I plug the 115 into the bobcat

Smile

Yes I have it switched. Everything works fine when 115 is plugged into my shop. Problem is when I plug the 115 into the bobcat
    Could you post the serial number of your Bobcat 225G so we could consult the correct version manual... ??

so we can make sure there are no switches in the wrong position..

lots of times it is just a simple switchology mixup..

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Default spoolmatic 30a

Kk117340

Is the Engine set to "RUN".... so it runs full speed??

NOT to "Run/Idle" where it will idle down

and that CB3 & CB4 are not tripped

See page #19 Fig 6-1

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o405e_mil.pdf

Last edited by H80N; 07-08-2013 at 12:43 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

yes, it is set to run. I will download and check that out. thank you

You might also check 9-2. Auxiliary Power Troubleshooting Pg #33

No output at auxiliary power

Reset circuit breakers (see Section 6-1 or 6-2).
    receptacles.
    Press optional GFCI receptacle Reset button (see Section 6-2).
    Check fuse F1 and replace if open (see Section 7-4 or 8-6).
    Check plug PLG6 connection

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Default crap........

Finally got back to it. I must have had something set wrong before. It ran great for a couple beads off the bobcat. Then the rpms dropped for a split second and everything went to crap. looked over and seen smoke(wc-115a). unplugged, shut it all down. pulled the cover off the wc-115a and the ground wire coming in is burnt. what ya think?

Rewired the 115v . Plugged it into my shop power. Ran fine. Cord never even got warm. Got a friend comin over tomorrow to check outputs on bobcat