Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default millermatic 210.....please help

I have a millermatic 210 and I have a spool gun for it. The drive rolls on both the spool gun and the regular mig gun have stopped and do not feed the wire on either gun. I have checked the CB1 circuit breaker (drive roll breaker according to the manual)and it is fine. I still have power to the wire because it arcs when I touch the work peice and the gas solinoid still opens and sends gas to the guns. Any ideas of the next place I should start checking. Thanks. I have never been without a welder before, I feel kind of naked and lost.LOL
    Last edited by Stomper; 07-03-2013 at 10:26 AM.

I would call Miller. They have great tech support.

Disconnect the mig gun trigger wires from the welder. Bend a paper clip to fit into the holes where the wires connect and put the ends of the paperclip in there and see if the drive rolls drive.

I will try the paper clip trick tomorrow. I am assuming that it will jumper out the trigger on the gun. The thing that has me stumped is that both the spool gun and the mig gun don't work.

Well if it isn't CB1, and your not between Ranges. then Q11 is shot on PC1. so either have someone replace Q11, or get yourelf a new board.

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Well if it isn't CB1, and your not between Ranges. then Q11 is shot on PC1. so either have someone replace Q11, or get yourelf a new board.
    what is Q11 and PC1 and where would I find them on the welder.

Default millermatic 210.....please help

Have you tried a different amp setting? Edit- never mind. I see its a drive roll problem.
    Last edited by kbenz; 07-05-2013 at 05:13 AM.

I have looked in the manual at the wiring diagram and machine schematiics and parts list but can't find anything labeled Q11 or PC1.

Well PC1 is the circuit board, and Q11 is the power mosfet that runs those drive circuits,

Thanks. Is there a miller part # for these items or would a miller parts guy know what Q11 and PC1 is. How hard is it to change these items. Is it something that a technician needs to do with special tools. I have a buddy that is an electrician that works on all kinds of computerized mining equipment that could do it.