Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Tiger Propane Torch

In a recent thread someone suggested a tiger torch for heating and bending metal.

I personally don't think it would do much good but having never used one I thought I would ask.

Has anybody used one of these for heating to bend?

Heating - Yes !
    I doubt it would create enough heat to bend anything !

........Norm

Sunrise Outside My Shop In Delhi, Ontario

- Arcair- K 4000 CAC.

- LN-25 Wire Feeder

- Lincoln Ranger 8- Engine Drive- CC\CV:

- Lincoln Power Mig 180C
    - Spoolgun.
    - DeWalt Chop Saw .
    - DeWalt Compressor - 13cfm, @ 100 psi.

www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

If you want to bend stuff get a rosebud oxy/acetylene head.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyVSpy View Post
    If you want to bend stuff get a rosebud oxy/acetylene head.
    I did buy the oxy/ acetylene tanks and borrowed the rosebud setup from a friend.

Talk about some heat, that's the stuff.

I had used a rosebud before but didn't have a clue about this tiger torch.

So thanks for all the reply's, its good to learn from you guys.

These burners are used for blacksmith forges and work on propane.

Output ranges from 100,000 BTU/hr to 350,000 BTU/hr

Don't need oxygen but they do require a high pressure propane regulator.

The BBQ size ones won't provide enough flow.

My friend uses one in his forge and can forge weld knife blades easily.
    It's a bit scary to watch as it will heat steel to yellow heat very quickly.
    You can make your own but he decided to buy this one and is very pleased.

www.hybridburners.com
    Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, Miller Dynasty 350, Hypertherm 1000, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, etc.:

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

I believe it was me talking about the tiger torch and maybe I used the wrong term for the torch I'm referring to. The propane wand style with about a 2 1/2" pipe on the end. And for the bending of 1" round stock like the other post. On full blast it should work fine. People make forges with about the same idea of torch as the heat. Mind you I have never bent 1" bar with one. It should work fine and be cheaper than oxy/acytelene