Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Running a Spool Gun off a 302 Diesel

Goodmorning everyone, hope y'all are having a nice weekend...

Here's my latest video, its another one I shot with Peter... This time, we're running an HTP spool gun welding up some Aluminum scraps, and we're running it off a 300 Amp Miller Diesel engine drive, "just because"

Anyway, hope y'all enjoy the video... Happy welding

Enjoyed that, Thanks for sharing.

Never fond of the systematic guns. Much simpler to go with a Miller WC-24 and Miller 30A. Simply a better gun and parts are easily had,. That systematics control cable is a b.i.t.c.h. to fix. let alone the rest of the HTP crap. Why have a box to lug around,. That HTP / Systematics system is not worth the time. the money, nor the effort. As for remote, easy to twin a connection at the machine though its not often your gong to change voltages, Amps yes, but that is feed speed

Nice Vid though

Jeff Amos
    Weld Alert ltd

35 - 40 CFH???, try 20 -25, 35 would freeze your weld too fast.
    Last edited by cruizer; 06-30-2013 at 06:03 PM.

(35 - 40 CFH???, try 20 -25, 35 would freeze your weld too fast.)
    You know cruzier I could have went a life time without knowing that . That kinda of stuff from you guys is why I read this site.

Default Nice video, kinda a cool remote voltage control

I thought the remote voltage control deal was slick, It would have been handy on a couple jobs i have had. I do have the Miller wc-24 and the spoolmatic, but this could be a decent option for the money and depending on how often a guy was to use it. I guess the fact it can be configured for almost any make of machine has a plus in terms of getting a usable rig. Liked the way the guy showed how everything was hooked up and seemed very down to earth explaining it. Overall a good video in my opinion.
    I have a welding addiction

...the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask

For voltage control merely twin the 14 connection at the machine