Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Inerpac 100 Ton ram with electic hydraulic unit.

I just scored a gently used 100 ton hollow bore ram ( Hydraulic cylinder with a hole through the center ) , I also got a 40 ton Hollow bore also, Both cylinders are approx. 12" long.
    I also bought a electric over hydraulic unit made by inner pac also.

What I will use it for is pulling hard to remove pins out of equipment, putting bushings into equipment buckets.

WOW, those are some nice rams. That 100 ton ram is a monster. I had a 60 ton for a while, but had an extremely hard time using it by myself for pushing / pulling bushins and pins. It was way too heavy for me by myself. I eventually went doun to a 30 ton. It worked great for me . Good luck with that monster 100.
    JIM

Owner Operator of JNT Mobile Welding & Repair LLC
    Millermatic 350P Aluma Pro
    Dynasty 200DX
    Maxstar 150 STL
    Trailblazer 302
    Suitecase 12RC
    Extreme 12VS
    Extreme 8VS
    Spoolmatic 30A
    Miller HF251D-1
    Passport Plus
    Spoolmate 100
    Hypertherm Powermax 45 and 85
    Ingersoll Rand Engine Driven Compressor
    Dake 75 ton H-Frame Press
    JD Squared Model 32 Bender
    Miller Digital Elite

I just battled a 1-1/2" x 16" pin out of a 6 whl international with a high rail setup for riding the tracks.I used a 30 ton ram and a hand pump.But it would not budge.Until I had at it with my arc-air slice torch and a few rods took the center out of the pin about 10" deep then it came out.I would have took some pics but my camera walked about 2 months ago still not sure if I lost it or someone stole it.
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Jspence, your right the 100 ton is a big boy, I think I saw the specs on it weighing 109 lbs.

I have 6 cranes in the shop and one on the truck without them it would be a little more difficult.

Back in the winter my cousin who does portable line boring came to my shop and used his 100 ton Hollo bore to install a bushing in a 5 yd, excavator bucket that was .002 over size, 100 tons plus the shock of a sledge hammer put it in and no welding was required to hold it in place.

After I saw that I just had to have one.

With the price of factory pins being close to $ 600.00 it sure is nice if you can save one once in a while, Not to mention eating all the blow back when trying to carve out a pin.

I definitely know what you mean about eating the blow back from a pin. All of my line boring is done in the field and unfortunately I don't have a small crane to use. That was why I switched to the 30 ton hollow ram. Much easier to handle and luckily I haven't had a problem with it pushing and pulling.
    JIM

Owner Operator of JNT Mobile Welding & Repair LLC
    Millermatic 350P Aluma Pro
    Dynasty 200DX
    Maxstar 150 STL
    Trailblazer 302
    Suitecase 12RC
    Extreme 12VS
    Extreme 8VS
    Spoolmatic 30A
    Miller HF251D-1
    Passport Plus
    Spoolmate 100
    Hypertherm Powermax 45 and 85
    Ingersoll Rand Engine Driven Compressor
    Dake 75 ton H-Frame Press
    JD Squared Model 32 Bender
    Miller Digital Elite

Now I'm thinking I should look for a used portable line boring machine, But if I get that I will then need a lathe to spin up bushings.

Just how many things do I need to get into.