Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default square weld joint symbol

guys,
    i have a weld symbol cheat sheet at work, but it dont have this weld symbol im about to describe.

it a usual square weld joint symbol, with the two vertical lines, but also has horizontal lines above and below those vertical lines..
    hopefully you can understand my description, i have searched the internet for hours and cant find it. also i have ordered a new symbol chart but wont be here for a week or so.

thanks guys
    SyncrowaveŽ 200
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
    Lincoln Weld Pak 100 wire feed

Maybe a plug weld of some kind. Is it possible to talk to the engineer? I've had issues on jobs were the engineer was drawing symbols under his own interpretation

If I'm not mistaken that is usually the joints required profile when shown above the weld symbol. Also sometimes will have G for grind flush ect.
    Miller syncrowave 200 runner with coolmate 4
    and wp2025 weldcraft torch
    Miller 125c plasma cutter

thanks guys, i will check into it and let you know what i find
    SyncrowaveŽ 200
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125

The two vertical line are usually a butt weld with a space or gap in beetwween,is there a number in there??
    The two horizontal line meen finish weld,flat weld , flush with plates!
    Can you take a pictures?

yes, found out it's a butt weld. they want to part welded on the sides also, the butt weld. two flat plates laying on top of each other...

thanks much guys
    SyncrowaveŽ 200
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125