Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TIG Handbook??

Well, since very few seem to actually read the free material, maybe by charging for this material more will take the time to learn the essentials.

I would like to see Miller charge for the owners manuals too! Most of the equipment that I purchase you must pay for this material and so very few problems arise because of the investment cost. It sort of weeds out trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipsomaniac View Post
    Well, since very few seem to actually read the free material, maybe by charging for this material more will take the time to learn the essentials.
    It's true, many would not study anything if their lives depended on it...

Others that are willing to learn may be of limited means and not know how to find the free online resources...
    But many will devour the info once pointed in the right direction..

There are enough of the motivated ones out there striving to learn the trade to keep me lnterested in mentoring beginners...

Luckily there is still one Free TIG handbook available online ...

it is the ESAB TIG Handbook...

http://www.esabna.com/EUWeb/TIG_handbook/591tig1_1.htm

I do not care for their equipment and their book is not as good as the Miller TIG handbook that used to be available for PDF download..
    but it is more comprehensive than the 28 page Miller TIG Guidlines booklet and it is still free...

In my experience... many of the beginners that started out with the free resources..

moved on to purchase the full student kit so they could have printed hardcopy for reference...

and later bought Miller Welding equipment...
    Last edited by H80N; 07-08-2013 at 08:09 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Got a "404" on that esab link, went looking all over their site and nada - maybe they're taking a page from Miller's playbook... Steve

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by BukitCase View Post
    Got a "404" on that esab link, went looking all over their site and nada - maybe they're taking a page from Miller's playbook... Steve
    You are right... it is gone now.. too...

was there yesterday??

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

It's a conspiracy fer shur

If the miller version's the one with 12 chapters, then I got lucky before they got greedy

Good thing, 'cause my (not miller this time) Tig machine's gonna be here next Thursday, guess I'd better quit doing projects and read up a bit more... Steve

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BukitCase View Post
    It's a conspiracy fer shur

If the miller version's the one with 12 chapters, then I got lucky before they got greedy

Good thing, 'cause my (not miller this time) Tig machine's gonna be here next Thursday, guess I'd better quit doing projects and read up a bit more... Steve
    BukitCase

sounds like you got the right one..

From what I have gotten from a couple of reliable sources...it IS being revised & the revised version will be reposted as a free PDF...

think we were given some wrong dope at the beginning.... maybe well meaning but wrong info...
    So I do not think that greed is a factor here...

There are some really good people in Appleton...high enough on the food chain to know the truth, honest enough to believe.. and they are listening...

Those of you that know me, know I am not shy about talking to them if something seems fishy...
    Last edited by H80N; 07-25-2013 at 09:49 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Cool, now I can get TWICE as "confloosed" by reading BOTH versions

Not that I NEED any more of that quality - just finished reading the tungsten book all the way through. Now I need a (nuther) beer... Steve

Wonder how that revision is coming along??

sure is a valuable tool... we miss being able to refer folks to it...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    Wonder how that revision is coming along??
    sure is a valuable tool... we miss being able to refer folks to it...
    Is that the one where the individual chapters (or sections) were available individually? If so, I have one where I assembled it into one pdf file and made a table of contents and cover page. If there are no copyright issues, I'd be happy to share it. It's around 4 gigs in size.

Problem is the photo on the cover looks like the guy is wearing a Speedglas

Question

Quote Originally Posted by pin2hot View Post
    Is that the one where the individual chapters (or sections) were available individually? If so, I have one where I assembled it into one pdf file and made a table of contents and cover page. If there are no copyright issues, I'd be happy to share it. It's around 4 gigs in size.

Problem is the photo on the cover looks like the guy is wearing a Speedglas
    From what I have been told it is being revised and updated to reflect new techniques developed due to inverter technology and other advances in the state of the art in TIG welding...
    Then they will repost it for free PDF download...

the problem is that nobody seems to know how long this will take or when it will become available again...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200