Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 300 shop master

Hybrid View

Default 300 shop master

Looking at purchasing a 300 shopmaster for another machine to replace my 250 miller, looking into it because I'm shopping for a tig/arc welder and if works out the mig option would save me some space, is it possible to put a 10 and 14 pin connector on it to run my wirefeeder and also spool gun?

Quote Originally Posted by rustymfg@hotmail.com View Post
    Looking at purchasing a 300 shopmaster for another machine to replace my 250 miller, looking into it because I'm shopping for a tig/arc welder and if works out the mig option would save me some space, is it possible to put a 10 and 14 pin connector on it to run my wirefeeder and also spool gun?
    There is a 14 pin on it to run a S-22A feeder. or WC-24 to run your Spoolgun. For Tig your still going to need a HF box

Default 300 shop master

Ok sounds good thanks , I have purchased a wc24 controller for my trailblazer already so I would be set for that, I'm new to tig I would only require a HF box for aluminum correct?

Thats correct, as your Alumium weld will wonder everywere, also the HF box is handy for starts on steel as well.

Default 300 shop master

Ok thanks for the tips, would I be wiser to spend a little more cash and get a xmt instead? Or are there any downfalls going that route? My main thing is I don't have alot of space and anything smaller which will do the equivalent or better job I would rather go that way thanks

The Shop master is a great do everything machine. I get one in and its gone the next day.

​an XMT won't do aluminum. No AC output. Also no HF.

Default Shopmaster 300

I have one with a suitcase feeder, spool gun and HF-15 box. Been a good machine and welds nice. Would love a square wave machine for TIG welding aluminum, however not made of money. With the HF unit it does aluminum good, most of what I do is thin so the sine wave works ok. I do mostly SS with the TIG and this machine does that very good. I did good on the purchase price so Im happy