Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Dynasty 200 got Hi Freq, but no Amps

Machine turns on, tig starts with Hi freq but no amps. was working fine 2 days ago. Checked in coming power, 240 volts at the switch. nothing looks burnt.
    No codes.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Kelly

I have had some weird things happen when the foot pedal plug wasn't connecting good.

I think I would try setting it to remote and use scratch start or lift start and bypass the foot pedal. You can also reset back to factory default.

Sorry I can't provide any real help, just fishing here.

Thats the way it will behave if you forget to put your ground clamp on.

Check your ground.

Because to have no reported error code, I'd go for Ground clamp, and/ or failed torch. (broken cable conduit.

Thanks for the feed back. So far I have no results.
    Next I will take off all leads and try to stick weld.
    Kelly

Tested leads on another machine and they work fine.
    When I try to stick weld the amp meter reads about 6 to 7 amps at about 30 volts. when I stick the rod the volts drop to 1 or 2 volts and the amps go to about 35...
    ??
    Kelly

I had this problem a while back, and due to the cost, it wasn't worth repairing. So if the machine is still under warranty take it in. otherwise, I believe you've lost your pc1 board and boost board. Big bucks

Ouch!
    Thanks for the help.
    Kelly