Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default what are your prefered work boots? laceup or pull ons?

Love my red wings...

Never had any last better then double h pull ons

lace ups, can't stand my socks gettin eat by pull ons. if it weren't for that i'd probably wear pull ons

I used to wear pull ons until a couple of hot berries went down on the inside.
    After that it's Red Wing Lace ups.
    If you can't control your sparks, do like I do, carry spare laces.
    Good Luck,
    Bob
    Millermatic 252 w/30A
    Big Blue Air Pak
    Ellis 3000 Band Saw
    Trailblazer 302 Air Pak w/ Wireless Remote
    8-RC
    Dynasty 200 DX
    XMT 350 MPa w/S-74 MPa Plus
    Millermatic 211
    Passport Plus
    Spectrum 625 X-TREME
    Lincoln SA-200 Blue Tint Red Face '63
    2-Lincoln SA-200 Red Face '68
    SA-200 Black Face '59
    SA-200 Green Lite '84
    SA-200 Green Lite '80
    SA-200 Red Face '69
    SA-200 Red Face '66
    SA-200 Green Lite '81
    Comming soon '70 Black Face Round Barrel

Default what are your prefered work boots? laceup or pull ons?

I've owned a number of boots over the past few years and for myself I like Rocky Original Ride boots. First I take the leather mudflap off the toes then I use Mink Oil on em. It waterproofs em a lil more and everything just bounces off of em. Knock on wood but have never had any sparks or cherry bombs go off in these boots. Work ten to twelve and feet and back feel, well pretty darn goo for this dinosaur.

I have herd a lot about red wings .. I will probably go find some an try them out... I have some danners I like but sometimes they tend to hurt my feet ...

Chipawa (spelling) loggers for me. They are comfy and tuft plus the factory will rebuild them at half the price.

Default Lace-ups with Zippers

You can always add zippers to in place of the laces. I did this and they are faster on and off, well worth $20 or whatever. And when the boots need not be secure, you can unzip and cool off for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Precision View Post
    I've owned a number of boots over the past few years and for myself I like Rocky Original Ride boots. First I take the leather mudflap off the toes then I use Mink Oil on em. It waterproofs em a lil more and everything just bounces off of em. Knock on wood but have never had any sparks or cherry bombs go off in these boots. Work ten to twelve and feet and back feel, well pretty darn goo for this dinosaur.
    I agree also, I have rocky's and have really good luck with my feet not hurting. 2733
    rocky