Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Purging mig c25 shielding gas after welding?

Yeah I'm guilty of not releasing the drive roll tension!

The spool guns have an auto purge function...

Wonder if it could easily be incorporated to the main gun?

Quote Originally Posted by ericher69 View Post
    Yeah I'm guilty of not releasing the drive roll tension!

The spool guns have an auto purge function...

Wonder if it could easily be incorporated to the main gun?
    It would be nice if at least it was offered as an option.

My first Mig was a Seelye, made by a company started by ex Century engineers. It had a purge switch. I sold it and bought a larger Seelye, but it didn't have the switch./ I called Seelye and they told me where to add the switch and wiring. Hobart put a purge setting on the older HH140, but took it off. I guess more and more people don't purge or set their flow meter.

Quote Originally Posted by cope View Post
    My first Mig was a Seelye, made by a company started by ex Century engineers. It had a purge switch. I sold it and bought a larger Seelye, but it didn't have the switch./ I called Seelye and they told me where to add the switch and wiring. Hobart put a purge setting on the older HH140, but took it off. I guess more and more people don't purge or set their flow meter.
    If I knew how to put one on my machines I would do it.