Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default 350 P mig welder

I am trying to get a good weld on new 1/4 inch angle iron. I have set the machine on the recommended settings for 1/4 inch material but it doesn't want to start in the flat and is way cold. Can someone give me all the settings you would use on this application.

Default 350 P mig welder

The 350p is the easiest machine to work with, IMO. Flip the flap on the front and read. Set all the settings and you can pull up a chair and kick back.

Quote Originally Posted by BearM View Post
    The 350p is the easiest machine to work with, IMO. Flip the flap on the front and read. Set all the settings and you can pull up a chair and kick back.
    Thanks for responding.........I did just that but it does not want to start, it pushes back and spits terrible and it won't laydown a nice bead when it finally does start

The material clean/good ground.
    Syncrowave 250
    Millermatic 210
    dialarc 250
    spectrum 375x
    trailblazer 302
    Lincoln 135

I had the same issues with mine. Try doing a factory reset.

Make sure your drive rolls are tensioned properly and are not slipping. Make sure the tension on the wire spool is free and not binding. Contact tip clean and free too. If all of that is fine, turn up your wire speed.

Dynasty 200 DX
    Diversion 180 (FOR SALE)
    Millermatic 350P, XR-Aluma-Pro
    30A Spoolgun
    Lincoln Pro Mig 140
    Hypertherm Powermax 30
    14" Rage Evolution 360
    40 ton press brake
    Shop full of tools

material is clean but not ground off, tips are good, and rolls not slipping. How do you do a factory reset? When I turn up the wire speed, I get lots of spatter. I am using .035 wire 75/25. Will the inductance setting matter much??

A system reset function is available that
    completely resets unit back to all the
    original factory settings.
    To access this menu, turn on welding power
    source, then press the SETUP (1) button
    when the SETUP light illuminates under the
    Left display.
    SRST will appear on the left display and OFF
    will appear on the right display.
    To prepare the unit for system reset, rotate
    right knob until ON appears on the right
    display.
    To apply the system reset function, press
    SETUP (1) button, and wait until unit
    completely reboots before performing any
    other operations.

With my unit, I had to hold the setup button while turning on the power. Good Luck!

Default 350 P mig welder

Ck your ground. I replace the junk ground clamp with a good brass one. Grind a spot clean where apply ground. Also ck gas & make sure correct flow at gun. Put new bottle on last month & same type problem. Had to remove reg. clean, blow out opening etc. then up & running normal.

Default 350 P mig welder

Either your wire speed is to low or the voltage is to high. I have had the same problem and its wire speed or voltage needs some tweaking