Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Cope got the 1/4" CDI

Couldn't help myself, the cute little bugger will fill the gap, it goes from 30-150 inch lbs. It has the same quality feel to it as the others.

Good for you. Nearly thirty years ago, I bought that same wrench from my Snap On dealer. It had a 3/8" head, and I had him swap out fore 1/4". I don't know how many times I have adjusted the bands on a Torqueflite transmission using 72" #, but I have done my share. I just noticed the quick release, nice.

I still have your 3/8" in my watch list. One day....

The last tool I bought from the Snap On guy was the red handled 1/4 ratchet, about 8" long. Didn't ask the price before I said I wanted it...nearly died when I went to sign the ticket - $98.00! Too embarrassed to say no way!
    Roger Troue

Retired since 2004

Miller 211
    Miller 200 Syncro
    Miller 375 Extreme

Quote Originally Posted by TxDarth View Post
    The last tool I bought from the Snap On guy was the red handled 1/4 ratchet, about 8" long. Didn't ask the price before I said I wanted it...nearly died when I went to sign the ticket - $98.00! Too embarrassed to say no way!
    I know, but if you figure the years of service you are going to get from it and the pleasure of working with good tools it's not a bad deal.

Tackit, I got out my 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" Snap On wrenches and assured them that although I was looking at a CDI 3/8", they weren't being replaced.
    Last edited by cope; 06-11-2013 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cope View Post
    Tackit, I got out my 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" Snap On wrenches and assured them that although I was looking at a CDI 3/8", they weren't being replaced.
    Cope, what's the new 3/8 going to be for, different inch pounds?

I don't think they can make CDI wrenches any better, maybe they could gold plate some for gifts or awards.

Quote Originally Posted by cope View Post
    Good for you. Nearly thirty years ago, I bought that same wrench from my Snap On dealer. It had a 3/8" head, and I had him swap out fore 1/4". I don't know how many times I have adjusted the bands on a Torqueflite transmission using 72" #, but I have done my share. I just noticed the quick release, nice.

I still have your 3/8" in my watch list. One day....

I sure am glad you advised me to check out CDI torque wrenches, I couldn't be more satisfied. I'm going to keep em in the house because of the extreme differences in temp around here.

The 3/8 is what I used to torque the welding table's legs to the floor, it just feels good in your hands... I'll keep an eye out, if I come across a good deal on a 3/8 I'll let you know.

I have to remove the aluminum side covers on the Snapper's Zero Turn's gear boxes and check the grease in them this summer, it's been about three years since I had to replace gears and repack the transmissions with new grease......the grease dries out from the heat and cakes up then it stops lubricating/cooling the gears, the mighty 1/4" will finalize putting things back together.

Stay cool buddy...

Here's what a mower transmission looks like after the grease has dried out and caked and the damage it causes.