Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default help me qoute job

boat.jpg

Hey guys. this is on a 80' aluminum boat. Ive done some work on the boat so far, and may have a little more work after this. But basically whats in the plan view drawing is the transom of the boat. I would come off the back of the top deck and go a little past the bottom transom. Itll be around 2" 6063 aluminum pipe. Its about 9' off the deck of the boat. What do i charge for labor on this job. I figure materials will cost around $500 plus or minus. The boats about 15' wide, and the "gussets" going from the boat to the pipe is about 2' out. Thanks for the help, just trying to get some ideas. Pic link on top.....thanks.
    Last edited by westpoint; 06-05-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Add Content

I take my material then double it and add 30% maybe that'll help u

If your not sure on hours sounds like 305g has a pretty safe bet

Default Re: hi

so 30 percent would be the labor?

It's kinda a "cover your butt" calculation. What do you normally charge an hour? And what's your general markup on material? Personally in jersey I charge between 80 and 100 an hour for my side work?

Man this is crazy.. you will never learn anything this way. You learn by your mistakes just like everyone else. The only thing im gona tell you is if your worried about bidding a job then you either dont do it or over bid it. I learned that by under bidding a few jobs when i first started out. Im not trying to be a jerk about it... its just when i see this kinda thing its very disapointing.

In my opinion it's smarter to learn from others mistakes rather than waiting around to make your own. Just my 2c

If you are not sure, then bid it time and materials.

I totally agree with Weldon...