Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ditto the video. Also, I had an issue with my TB a while back, that the idle up/idle down was erratic. Turns out that the bushing that the linkage turned on (whick is hidden from view) was sticking. Disassembled and cleaned/lubed it and it works fine. You might try operating whatever makes it change by hand and see how easily it moves.

Quote Originally Posted by J hall View Post
    What size of electrode/ wire are you lighting up when this happens?
    Maybe I found the cause. Not sure of the correct terminology,but here goes. The arm that comes out from the solenoid and connects to the arm on the injector pump,had a loose nut on the bolt that connects them together. I did not run the welder yet to see what change it might make,cause I tightened this at 11:00 pm. But I did work the solenoid arm back and forth with the engine off,and there was a fair amount of slop in the solenoid arm before it moved the arm on the injector pump. Seems this would be like loosing some of my adjustment. Now when moving the solenoid arm manually with the engine off,the arm on the pump moves immediately. The nut was almost off the bolt that holds this together. It is one of these special bolts/connectors that when tight allow free movement of the solenoid arm. Thanks for any and all input guys.

Be sure to post back after you run it.

Made a huge difference when I tightened the nut on the linkage where the solenoid arm connects to the arm on my injector pump. I think it must have been missed being tightened right from the factory. It always seemed to idle up slow,not now though. The way it was it also never achieved its top rated speed also. I can tell now it runs faster. Before with the solenoid fully extended,and with the loose nut,it allowed a lot of slop in the linkeage. I used to run 3/16 low hydrogen and it made the welder snort. I need to run some more of this to see the difference. But now its like a whole different machine. Thanks for all the input though guys.

Man that's great news