Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I bought a 1966 in 1968, it was a fun car to drive even though it was a six with three on the floor. I was in the service at the time so the six cylinder stick was a plus. I wouldn't mind having another one. Have fun Weldon, get er polished up so you take your ladies out in it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5vGZN9aVjU

I have part of that combo - the 5.0L but I put in into a different package.

a '99 Miata

Roger Troue

Retired since 2004

Miller 211
    Miller 200 Syncro
    Miller 375 Extreme

Quote Originally Posted by Meltedmetal:308585
    Nice car. I had a '67 fastback auto with 289 cu. in. I found it to be a nice handling car. I have always liked the smaller V-8's IMO they handle better. I was always more concerned with getting around a curve rather than just getting to the tree on the roadside really fast. Besides that I couldn't and still can't afford the gas. Also had a '72 GT-37 Pontiac auto with 400 cu. in. I could pass anything but a gas station. Enjoy.---Meltedmetal
    Yeah its not bad on gas at all..on its worst day it probly gets a lil more than double the milage than both of those got on their best. With it being a 5 spd, very light compared to a 60's or 70's stang, fuel injected, and a big plus for fuel milage.. it has 353 gears. Either way its gotta be way better than any of my trucks on fuel. Only downside is the insurance is a lil higher being a convertible muscle car

Default Mustang...

Kinda of a shame that in SVO was turned into a 5.0. The svo's were very rare cars. Look at my screenname, any guess where it came from? For the record I have had 3 5.0 all gt 5 speeds. 2 of them were 10.8 cars. Hopefully the conversion was done the harness was installed well. We have converded a few 4 cylinder cars to 5 speed 5.0 cars. Takes about a weekend. 5.0 is an excallant drag car, cant beat a short wheel based, factory 4 link car.
    Kevin
    XMT 304
    Miller Spectrum 625
    Miller 30a spool gun
    S22a
    Miller Legend 302
    Lincoln LN25
    Ford f450 Maintainer Srv Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Tryagn5:308620
    Kinda of a shame that in SVO was turned into a 5.0. The svo's were very rare cars. Look at my screenname, any guess where it came from? For the record I have had 3 5.0 all gt 5 speeds. 2 of them were 10.8 cars. Hopefully the conversion was done the harness was installed well. We have converded a few 4 cylinder cars to 5 speed 5.0 cars. Takes about a weekend. 5.0 is an excallant drag car, cant beat a short wheel based, factory 4 link car.
    Kevin
    Yep... previous owner didnt realize how rare of a car it was before he ripped the 4 banger out. But he owns a huge auto salvage yard with new and used parts so the parts were very easy for him to come by. He had it as one of his show cars , all the work done to it is spectacular.. very sound car. It was actually very rare.. the 4th one made, a convertible and a anniversary edition so if it was still stock it would probly be worth alot but then i wouldnt want it cause its a 4 cyl...lol

Default 4 banger....

Quote Originally Posted by weldonwelding View Post
    Yep... previous owner didnt realize how rare of a car it was before he ripped the 4 banger out. But he owns a huge auto salvage yard with new and used parts so the parts were very easy for him to come by. He had it as one of his show cars , all the work done to it is spectacular.. very sound car. It was actually very rare.. the 4th one made, a convertible and a anniversary edition so if it was still stock it would probly be worth alot but then i wouldnt want it cause its a 4 cyl...lol
    the 2.3 turbo svo motors were very easy to mod, actually in stock form in 1986 last year for the svo, first year for the 5.0 fuel injected, the svo would normally win, now in 1987 the 5.0 mustang received a bettar head/cam which bumped the hp up enough where the svo was a tad slower, but a svo can be made to run low 13's to hi 12's simply with exhaust and boost controller. There is an SVO that runs often where we run and his car is a 10.30 car, it runs well. With that said I still would rater have a V8, if I went through the trouble of pulling the 4 cylinder it would have gotten a 351, or a 460.
    Kevin
    XMT 304
    Miller Spectrum 625
    Miller 30a spool gun
    S22a
    Miller Legend 302
    Lincoln LN25
    Ford f450 Maintainer Srv Truck