Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default welding table for stainless and/or alu

Any of youused builpro table (aluminum top) for welding stainless?
    Any reviews?
    Or anybody made some different for cheaper??
    Only need small top...but fairly thick
    Let me know!
    Thanks

Default welding table for stainless and/or alu

I have a BuildPro table with a BlackOxide top. I wasn't aware that StrongHand tools had an option for an Aluminum top.

The table was a gift from my wife... I'm pretty spoiled

The table is awesome, and I highly recommend it if you do repetitive jobs requiring jigs.
    _kevin

Syncrowave 250 Analogue
    Maxstar 200SD
    Maxtron 450
    IntelliTIG 40
    S64M Wirefeeder

Non-Blue:
    Hypertherm PowerMax 1000G3
    Lincoln Precision Tig 275
    Lincoln WeldPak 155

Rhinox,

Here is link to a previous post about welding tables.

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ht=burnt+hands

Lots of great ideas and photos.

I have the steel version and am very happy with it.
    My post on this previous thread is number 30.

Didn't know they make an alum version.

If you are a millionaire, you can look at the Demmeler tables sold by Blueco out of Illinois.
    Very precise but you need deep pockets to buy one as well as the tooling.

I priced one at Eastec several years ago and the tooling alone was more than what I paid for my house 33 years ago.

Jesse James, formerly married to Sandra Bullock and a custom bike builder has one.

Drawback is they are one piece so if you mess up the surface, you need a new one or lots of money for repairs.

The advantage I see in the Buildpro version is that I can unbolt and replace a plate if it is damaged.
    Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, Miller Dynasty 350, Hypertherm 1000, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, etc.:

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !