Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Syncrowave 250 problems

I am having trouble wiith a Syncrowave 250...when I ease off the pedal to slowly back out of aluminum welding the arc just stops..I thought it might be the pedal so I bought another and that did not help.

Are you saying you have no throttle? In other words, is the pedal acting like a momentary switch, where it's either ON or OFF, but there's no difference in the amperage between half-pedal and floored?

If so, check your panel. For aluminum welding, you should have:

- AC Polarity
    - Process: TIG
    - Amperage: Remote
    - Output: Remote
    - Start Mode: HF Cont.

Have you checked/gapped the HF points?

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    Are you saying you have no throttle? In other words, is the pedal acting like a momentary switch, where it's either ON or OFF, but there's no difference in the amperage between half-pedal and floored?

If so, check your panel. For aluminum welding, you should have:

- AC Polarity
    - Process: TIG
    - Amperage: Remote
    - Output: Remote
    - Start Mode: HF Cont.

Have you checked/gapped the HF points?
    You are correct, it is just off and on and no difference between half pedal and floored. all of the settings are correct. I have not checked the gap..what should it be?

I'm no tech by a long shot, but it sounds like your OUTPUT control isn't functioning properly for whatever reason.

I believe point gap should be .008" (and I think, based on the manual for my 330A/BP, that a larger spark gap will cause you to have a more aggressive/effective HF arc starting) but my gut says the points ain't your problem. Can't hurt to check, though, I guess.

Maybe Cruizer or somebody else who knows what they're talking about (not me) will be along here soon...

Thank you Helios.

Need a little more info, and the serial# Does the pedal control the arc at all? Are you in remote for contactor control and weld control. do you have a torch water cooler.

Sounds just like mine. Are you saying the pedal works as an on off switch for contactor control, but does not adjust current at all, ie if the panel is at 100, you can have 0 or 100. If the panel is at 111 you can have 111 or 0 ? ( nothing in between?)

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Need a little more info, and the serial# Does the pedal control the arc at all? Are you in remote for contactor control and weld control. do you have a torch water cooler.
    Cruzier, I changed the pedal and that solved my problem..Thank you guys for your help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smoking1320 View Post
    I thought it might be the pedal so I bought another and that did not help.
    I changed the pedal and that solved my problem.
    Huh?

Cruzier, I changed the pedal and that solved my problem..Thank you guys for your help!!!
    HUH, you said you changed the pedal. did you not plug it in?????? WTF