Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Syncrowave 250 problems

I am having trouble wiith a Syncrowave 250...when I ease off the pedal to slowly back out of aluminum welding the arc just stops..I thought it might be the pedal so I bought another and that did not help.

Are you saying you have no throttle? In other words, is the pedal acting like a momentary switch, where it's either ON or OFF, but there's no difference in the amperage between half-pedal and floored?

If so, check your panel. For aluminum welding, you should have:

- AC Polarity
    - Process: TIG
    - Amperage: Remote
    - Output: Remote
    - Start Mode: HF Cont.

Have you checked/gapped the HF points?

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    Are you saying you have no throttle? In other words, is the pedal acting like a momentary switch, where it's either ON or OFF, but there's no difference in the amperage between half-pedal and floored?

If so, check your panel. For aluminum welding, you should have:

- AC Polarity
    - Process: TIG
    - Amperage: Remote
    - Output: Remote
    - Start Mode: HF Cont.

Have you checked/gapped the HF points?
    You are correct, it is just off and on and no difference between half pedal and floored. all of the settings are correct. I have not checked the gap..what should it be?

I'm no tech by a long shot, but it sounds like your OUTPUT control isn't functioning properly for whatever reason.

I believe point gap should be .008" (and I think, based on the manual for my 330A/BP, that a larger spark gap will cause you to have a more aggressive/effective HF arc starting) but my gut says the points ain't your problem. Can't hurt to check, though, I guess.

Maybe Cruizer or somebody else who knows what they're talking about (not me) will be along here soon...

Thank you Helios.

Need a little more info, and the serial# Does the pedal control the arc at all? Are you in remote for contactor control and weld control. do you have a torch water cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by smoking1320 View Post
    ...so I bought another and that did not help.
    Another case of poisoning the well?