Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default shop robbed over holiday weekend

This might be a long shot but it can't hurt to try. Sometime over the past weekend the shop I work at was broken into. Our shop welding rigs as well as our trailer rigs were taken. 5 Miller rigs total. Two Bobcat 250s and a Trailblazer "on separate trailer" we're stolen. Our shop is also missing a Millermatic 250 and a newer 252. One had a Tweco gun and the other a Bernard. Both of them were stocked fresh with fresh spools of E71t. They had the time to remove the gas rigs with our forklift and remove 700 lineal ft. of leads through a 4'x5' opening they cut. Like I said before not a bottle of shielding gas or torch kits were stolen. No grinders, mag drills or any other equipment missing. This hurts me as all my welding gear was once stolen from my personal shop in Ca. Please keep a look out if you live in Central Texas. The company name is Vaquero Const. In Belton Texas. Let me know ANYTHING if you see something similar. Sorry for the long post and thank you for any possible tip

Sorry to hear about that I live down here in Bryan we will be on the look out

I can't stand anyone who is too lazy and dishonest to work, so they steal from the people who have busted their tails to get what they have. I am too far south (between S.A. and Corpus) to help, but I hope they recover y'all's equipment and nail the guys who did it.

It's always someone you know which makes it all the more disgusting. I believe in caneings like people that break the law in Singapore get.

I too know the feeling. Check craigs list and pawn shops. Notify MILER with serial numbers of machines taken. Really sorry.

Sounds to me they stole it for the copper. Been having a problem with that where I live. People going into vacant houses over weekends with service trucks and cutting all the copper wire and sometimes plumbing. Check your local scrap yard too. Sad to say if they can help the machines were dismantled but at least the lil turds get caught.

People around here (Delaware) have been stealing equipment right out from peoples noses and shipping it to other country's. As soon as they get it.. it goes straight to a boat. They take anything from dump trucks, excavators, bobcats and whatever else they need where ever they take it... hopefully whoever stole your welders is local and they get caught, and when they do they deserve a lot more than a slap on the wrist like they get here.

There is not much worse than a thief.

I do not know how it might work but I often thought the different forums related to this type of stuff could be linked with a stolen category as all these seller paradises on the net have to be moving a lot of stolen goods.

Thanks to all who read this. I would love to have a meet and greet with the thief and give him a big Texas helping of justice. Hopefully they aren't stolen just for copper, that is just plain sad. Great equipment gone to some lazy soul who would never appreciate their worth to someone like us.

Call Miller, provide serial numbers. They keep a database of all Miller welders reported stolen from them, if it comes in for service or parts ordered for it it'll get flagged. Not sure what they do about it then.

I think Lincoln does the same with Lincoln machines.
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....