Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default 250 gallon reverse smoker

Well I always wanted one so here we go.......

tank.jpg

tank3.jpg

tank7.jpg

axle1.jpg

axle5.jpg

I assume you are putting water in with the hose. See that foam in the Tank7 photo? That is from the water reacting with the mercaptan (the odiferant, aka stinky stuff, used in propane). From the MSDS for mercaptan:
    PHYSICAL HAZARDS: Extremely flammable liquid and vapor. Vapor may cause flash fire. Contact with water or moist air may generate flammable and/or toxic gases.
    Be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by pin2hot View Post
    I assume you are putting water in with the hose. See that foam in the Tank7 photo? That is from the water reacting with the mercaptan (the odiferant, aka stinky stuff, used in propane). From the MSDS for mercaptan: Be careful.
    note taken......

baffle1.jpg
    baffle2.jpg
    baffle2.jpg
    baffle4.jpg
    baffle5.jpg

Looking good!

Glad things worked out. What I shared earlier was 'the voice of experience.' I guess I was lucky.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137