Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default good deal at lowes on porter cable

^^Hardrock!! Do you really like your PC press?? I have a 73 Craftsman my grandad gave me. One pulley is warped and they don't even make a 1/3rd of the parts anymore and I messed up and told my DOB. Can't really prove I bought that when I was a wee lil lad. Anyway liked the PC when I saw it and wanted a good opinion.

I got the cordless grinder and drill for little jobs that I don't feel like dragging cords out for. I think I will mostly keep a flap wheel on it.. I can't even remember the last 4 1/2'' cutting wheel I bought.. I buy 6'' cutting wheels in bulk and will stop using a few at 4 1/2'' so I have a few around. My go to grinder is my 6'' metabo. So I just bought this to play around with.. for 40 bucks I think its a good deal. We will see how long it lasts

Keep us posted weldonwelding, may get one yet.

Precision, I like the PC press. For 299 I couldn't pass it up.

I did notice some fine belt material in it one day when I changed the speed. But may have been the new wearing off. The chuck fell out once but likely my fault.

The table should rotate around / on the shaft easier in my opinion. I'm thinking I had a problem trying to set the table at an angle and didn't have that adjustment one time.

The red laser lights are nice to have but I read somewhere they are not perfect, been ok for what I've used them for. Its my first drill press so I can't compare very well.

Default good deal at lowes on porter cable

Thx, yeah for $299 is a heckuva deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock40:308294
    Keep us posted weldonwelding, may get one yet.

Precision, I like the PC press. For 299 I couldn't pass it up.

I did notice some fine belt material in it one day when I changed the speed. But may have been the new wearing off. The chuck fell out once but likely my fault.

The table should rotate around / on the shaft easier in my opinion. I'm thinking I had a problem trying to set the table at an angle and didn't have that adjustment one time.

The red laser lights are nice to have but I read somewhere they are not perfect, been ok for what I've used them for. Its my first drill press so I can't compare very well.
    I got a drill press made by JET a few years ago.. pretty heavy duty. I paid 1200bucks for it and it was well worth it. I have used it a lot and never had any trouble with it at all. It also has a 7/8" chuck and have used it as kind of a vertical lathe with 3/4" and smaller round stock. Another good deal I got a while back was a 12'' craftsman drill press vise for 20 bucks brand new.. it was just sitting there with a discontinued item sticker on it. I asked the salesman the price and he said 20 bucks. It weighs about 40 lbs but it is a nice addition to the d press. I think the catalog price was 3 or 400... so 20 bucks was a no brainer