Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Understanding Stick Electrodes (Videos)

Good Afternoon Everyone!!

These videos talk about the different types of Stick Electrodes, what they're commonly used for, what the best and worst traits of them are, and even what those numbers mean. This is my newest mini-series and I just thought I'd stop in and share it... Alright, lets get started...

Here's part one, it covers 6010 & 6011, plus electrode designations and a few other tidbits:

Part Two, welding with 6013 & 7014:

Part Three, all about 7018:

Annnnnd part Four, discussing... 7024:

Well I guess that about sums it up. One of my first ever how-to's was the original "Understanding Stick Electrodes", but I wanted to remake it. Originally I was going to make this all one video, but split it so it wasnt so long...

Anyway, I hope you guys like it. Enjoy it, and happy welding everyone

Thanks again Lance. Always get something good from your videos.
    ==============
    Miller 211 MVP
    Hobart StickMate LX 235
    Lincoln AC 225
    CutMaster 42

Good videos . Do you ever push when your welding or always pull . There's you another video.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpack View Post
    Good videos . Do you ever push when your welding or always pull . There's you another video.
    Drag with slag.

Drag with slag I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpack View Post
    Drag with slag I like that.
    I was in a hurry, and didn't explain further. If you push with stick, you will be pushing slag into the weld metal. Pulling keeps it above the weld puddle.

Drag with slag said it all.