Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Memorial Day 2013 Thanks prior and active duty service members for your service.

Thanks to all of you that have served and are serving and protecting our great country and all of the brave men and women that have died for our freedom.

It's tuff being away from family on the holidays especially. God bless and protect all of you.

Waylon Jennings America
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YYzIWTE1L4
    Last edited by tackit; 05-22-2013 at 08:56 AM.

Memorial Day is a day of remembering the men and women who died while serving.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCPOP View Post
    I stand corrected, I knew that but I failed to include them, thanks for bringing it to my attention USMCPOP.
    Last edited by tackit; 05-22-2013 at 08:57 AM.

every day i thank our past and present service people, we live very well in this great country, made possible from the sacrifices of these great people. thank you for what you do. kevin

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    every day i thank our past and present service people, we live very well in this great country, made possible from the sacrifices of these great people. thank you for what you do. kevin
    Amen brother!

Help keep America beautiful and free, the next time you see a politician beat his ass like a blacksmith on a hot piece of iron .....
    Last edited by tackit; 05-23-2013 at 06:17 AM.

My son ...karl_linn81.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by USMCPOP View Post

It appears that the entire country is confused between Memorial Day and Veterans Day.

While it's never a bad day to recognize those living and dead who stood in front of the flag, raised their right hand and took a pledge, Memorial Day isn't about that.

It's about honoring those who died in service. Many, many of them.

To paraphrase a dead writer, "Don't mourn that these men died, celebrate that such men lived".

I'll add this: celebrate that hard men choose a Combat Arms MOS, master those skills, kill the enemy with vigor, and defend freedom for America. Many have died in that noble pursuit.

The nation honors those dead today. Some of us honor them every day.

JTMcC
    Last edited by JTMcC; 05-27-2013 at 02:47 PM.
    Some days you eat the bear. And some days the bear eats you.