Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TB325 issue

Default Welds awesome but handful of problems!

Hey guys I'm new to the forum but I have a trailblazer 325 efi with excel power and it is also giving me troubles at times. The machine now has about 650 hours on it and sometimes it will randomly go into a sputter and run at a very low rpm. It doesn't let you weld when this happens and it spits out black smoke sometimes. I thought at first maybe the jobsite had some bad gas so I ran a tank of mid grade gas in it and same thing then changed the fuel filter and same problem. This is an occasional thing for this machine to do it doesn't follow a pattern of hot or cold temperatures and im working in alberta so the weather varies quite a lot. Another problem I have experienced is the amperage reading gets stuck at 25-31 amps when set for 7018 without remote. The only way around this was to plug in my wireless remote and play with it to put the machine back into the full 325 amp range, very weird!! Some pros about the machine are its very quiet, doesn't use a lot of gas and the excel power is awesome. Ive had a 3 way splitter off one excel outlet powering 2 rod ovens, the other outlet to a 6" grinder and burn 1/8" rod all while the machine stayed at idle and found no need to rev up. She's a nice machine when its not acting up.

Glad to see I'm not the only one with troubles... I've had mine shut down twice on me and only have 50 hours on it. Repair shop can't seem to make it act up though! Let it sit for 30 min or so and it will restart. Love the machine otherwise! I previously had a Legend that provided 110v at an idle, so to be able to still have that quieter option is great!

With 5 hours, mine was acting up (shuttering, then shutting down).
    i called miller and they told me they have had issues with the fuel delivery system.

I took it to a local repair shop, they had not heard of any issues, I told them what it was doing and what miller told me. They tried and could never get it to act up, so they called miller and miller shipped the new part and they put it on, never seeing it act up.
    the day after I picked the machine up, it was 102 and it ran all day without a hitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Amc724 View Post
    With 5 hours, mine was acting up (shuttering, then shutting down).
    i called miller and they told me they have had issues with the fuel delivery system.

I took it to a local repair shop, they had not heard of any issues, I told them what it was doing and what miller told me. They tried and could never get it to act up, so they called miller and miller shipped the new part and they put it on, never seeing it act up.
    the day after I picked the machine up, it was 102 and it ran all day without a hitch.
    You don't happen to know what that part was? My repair shop talked to Kohler, and all they said was to send it back to me after finding nothing, and call them if/when it happens again so they could put their computer on it to try to figure out the problem...

Fuel pump module miller part #263327. very problematic in the summer heat

Thanks!

Yep