Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TB325 issue

I've been in the market for an engine-drive of the TB/Ranger class for over a year and am following this problem with keen interest.

The Ranger overfill-double-fueling problem can be simply fixed, a Trailblazer overheating in Canada is a no-go. I live in S. Texas where the ground gets over 160F.

Maybe it's time to reconsider purchasing an air-cooled, 3600 rpm lawnmower-class machine altogether.
    Dynasty 350
    Bobcat 250
    Maxstar 150S
    Titanium 9400
    Purox O/A
    Cutmaster 42

Same here. Wished I hadnt sold my TB302 when I sold the farm.

Just out of curiousity, has anyone welded Galvenized with the TB325 yet?
    Just wondering on anyone elses results

Default TB325 issue

I have welded a bit of galvanized metal, coolers. Machine seems to rev up more than carbon steel.

I own several blue machines and several gray and red machines. The 302 TB is the best all around machine for my money are they still available or do you have to buy it with the attached air comp. Way to much money for that.

The 302's were ok machines (discontined) providing you kept them tuned, and NEVER boosted them to get them going.

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    See, I thought this forum was also to report faults, and perhaps for Miller to have another look at the problems. If I had to t-shoot all the brands and report faults to respective tech supports, I'd be one the phone quite a bit. I report it here, and my other thread was terminated, as will this one likely.

I reported it and maybe Miller or Kohler will fix it.

Or simply I'll let it slide. I could have let the New Lincoln Ranger issue slide, And Kohler could have replace hundreds of engines, over and over again. Solved it and the fix is out there. think that the fix just appeared. Someone had to figure it out....
    I missed the talk about problems with the 305's. Got a link?

Nope, on a new 305G, you'll find that the top of the fuel cap is smooth, ie, no vents. It's another emmissions thing, same reason why there is no vent cap on a jerry can anymore.

However if you continually wait for the first click on the fuel handle when you refill, your over filling the tank on that 305G, which quickly takes out the engine with double fueling and putting raw fuel into an open intake valve if the unit is allowed to sit.

Soooo, we take a micro dril and drill the 4 ridged oval areas in the cap, and drill the shiny portions of the outside of the cap. Then we cut and plug the vent line (couple orf 1/4" bolts) (line sits to the right of the right side spark plug) presto you now can fill the neck right up with fuel and no danger of taking out the engine.

Plus if you set the engine to 62.5-63hz. and replace your oil right out of the box with 5-50 Quaker, your off to the races welding wise....

Have to pull the trigger on an engine-drive by next Tuesday. Three questions:

1) "Micro drill" means what? Less than or equal to a 1/16" bit say?

2) Any problems with water in the gas from the holes?

3) Is there a replacement cap with waterproof venting available we can order?

Thanks in advance Cruizer.
    Dynasty 350
    Bobcat 250
    Maxstar 150S
    Titanium 9400
    Purox O/A
    Cutmaster 42

Have to pull the trigger on an engine-drive by next Tuesday. Three questions:

1) "Micro drill" means what? Less than or equal to a 1/16" bit say?

Yep, 1/16 is fine

2) Any problems with water in the gas from the holes?

zero, water has to travel horizontally, and even a huricane would not get any into that small of hole.

3) Is there a replacement cap with waterproof venting available we can order?

Water doesn't particularly hurt a gasolne engine, heck, I dump water down the carb to free up valves. ever heard of water injection?

Ot just buy an old style pre 2012 cap/