Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Calling meltedmetal and Cgotto6

Your most welcome Tackit!

I agree, slam guns usually do more damage than help. Love tapcons and redheads, use them almost everyday.

Default Calling meltedmetal and Cgotto6

Question for ya. I've got this dude from Ireland I work with( incredible builder) and he swears up and down you can't reuse a tapcon. Now in a industrial or new building job I would NEVER do that but I have used some rather large sized ones(10 1/2 inch) over again on my buddies home retaining wall. I pulled em out of a cinder block wall that held in cooler panels for a beer cooler in a restaurant. Have a bunch still and the threads look good but he says I'm "daft" for tryin to use em. Just someone else's opinion that uses them a lot. Be easy on me!lol

I reuse them from time to time. If it is still grabbing I would dare say its stupid to toss it. Them things don't grow on trees!!

Today I got the angle iron brackets cut and drilled, picked up the 3/8 SDS Plus drill from the SIL and got my camera, I'm spending time reading up on it so I can take some pictures... hopefully tomorrow I'll be drilling the holes.