Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: On the road

Hybrid View

Default On the road

Normally out of AZ/UT country but I find myself in northern Vermont with some free time. Any impressive engineering feats or awesome Fab shops to check out?
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

ben and jerries icecream

Doesn't fit in either of your categories, but Plaza Machine is over in Bethel, VT. If you need any parts or tooling for any of your shop equipment it would be worth a stop.
    Miller 251...sold the spoolgun to DiverBill.
    Miller DialArc 250
    Lincoln PrecisionTig 275
    Hypertherm 900 plasma cutter
    Bridgeport "J" head mill...tooled up
    Jet 14 X 40 lathe...ditto
    South Bend 9" lathe...yeah, got the change gears too
    Logan 7" shaper
    Ellis 3000 band saw
    Hossfeld bender w/shopbuilt hyd.
    Victor Journeyman torch and gauges
    3 Gerstner boxes of mostly Starrett tools
    Lots of dust bunnies
    Too small of a shop at 40 X 59.

Nice start. Ben and Jerry's is on the list. Got to have priorities. Magic hat and otter creek also made the list.

I'll see about the machine shop. Who knows what I can convince myself to buy. Last time I went on a jet plane ride for vacation I carried a cst280 on the plane home. That was an interesting security screening.
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Check out www.yankeemagazine.com

Might be interesting to stop by a black smith shop.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...nt+black+smith