Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Truck Welding Table

Hi, First off I'd like to say I'm new to this fourm, and I think its great. I'm a welder/fitter with about 20 years exp. I'm in the process of building a new welding rig. I just purchased a new trailblazer 302. I want to set up this in the back of my 2003 GMC 2500HD Duramax long box. I've already built a skid for the welder and cables, now I need a plan for a box mounted folding table. Any ideas or pics would be greatly appreciated.
    Always Have Fun.

I made one that slips into the reciever on the truck and sits a little higher than the tailgate when it's open to keep from beating the tailgate. Took about an hour. I used 1 1/2 tubing to frame a 1/4" table top then connected it the hitch with 2 x 2 x 1/4 sq tube. Threw in 1/4" gussets everywhere I could. **** thing will hold more than the truck now! I sure do like using it. It's good as long as you don't plan on towing with it while going to the job.

I have a Chevy ex cab with a short bed. I love that Duramax!

Mike
    MD Welding & Fabricating L.L.C.

MD,

how bout posting some pictures of your table ...please
    would like to see it

Here is a pic. It's not installed but you can see how it looks and works. I never did get to paint it up yet.

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mike, I like that table. What do you do with it when driving? I might have been tempted to fab up some sort of locking hinge to lock it in the up position while driving. Wouldn't have to flag it while on the road that way.........Dang, the more I think about it...that is a really good idea. I would definitely have to add an unbrella holder to the side. Kinda hot here at the moment.
    Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
    '06 12RC feeder
    Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
    Esab Multimaster 260
    Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

It pins in like a regular hitch.I thought about making it foldable but I needed it for the next day. I don't flag it or anything but now that you mention it I probably should. You just have to remember it's there when you back up because it's invisible with the tailgate up. I did a job on some bushes parking one day. It's also good for tailgating!

Mike

spider Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MD Welding View Post
    Here is a pic. It's not installed but you can see how it looks and works. I never did get to paint it up yet.

Mike
    look'good ----for tail gate party's at games . nicely done spider

For those of you that are interested i'm building a table on the back of my utility truck body and i've takin lots of pictures for everyone to see and get some ideals.
    since i'm new to the forum don't bash the **** out of me! if I can be of any help feel free to e-mail me. Steve. PS. if anyone knows how to attach pictures please help me.
    Last edited by Extreme Steel; 11-02-2006 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme Steel View Post
    For those of you that are interested i'm building a table on the back of my utility truck body and i've takin lots of pictures for everyone to see and get some ideals.
    since i'm new to the forum don't bash the **** out of me! if I can be of any help feel free to e-mail me. Steve
    PLEASE start a thread and post these pics!! I need something very similar as soon as I get a round tuit.

I cannot figure this picture thing out? I can e-mail someone these pictures so they can be posted. I'm gonna go have a Margarita Holy tequila I got it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Extreme Steel; 11-02-2006 at 11:09 PM.