Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default my other rig.. to be setup

Got this not too long ago, its gona be setup with sa250 and a couple tool boxes. Everything will be on a aluminum frame so it can be slid off and still used as a dump. I will not be putting a crane on it cause the heavy equipment repair i do is mostly welding repairs,but i also do hydraulic cylinders, lots of track rebuilds/repairs. I dont get into a whole lot of mechanical. I always have a way to load/unload a part at my shop and almost always there is equipment on site to do the same. Such as an excavator. Also alot of my work consists of aluminum welding and fabricating, which my chevy is used. I may also be getting a big pipe contract so both trucks will be used on those sites.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jus another pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

What the state did to change it's truck beds is build a two I beam frames they back under with a chain fall hanging from each one. They can take off the salt/sand box off in the spring and put a dump or whatever back on for summer. Looks like they use 55 gal drums to set the stored bed on.

Good luck with your truck project and your contract....

One of these chassis would be nice to build WT from.

That flat will work. Over the years I have improved, built a lot of custom stuff and anymore am getting a lot more simple. I would forget all that alum frame stuff, put some clips to bolt the 250 down, bolt on a gang box, done. Could be done cheap in a couple of hours and ready for work.

I see a couple trailers for big general contractors done this way, when you really looked can tell it was ordered up by some superintendant type that knew the easiest way.