Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helmet Bag

Default Helmet Bag

Hi,

This may be the dumbest post on this forum; but, I'm stumped.

I purchased a Miller helmet last spring. (I believe it was an Elite model.)

It came with a bag. And that bag confuses the heck out of me with all the excess cord and the way it opens.

Is there some common sense way to use the bag?

Thanks

Jeff

Default Helmet Bag

If its the same bag I have, it's just a cinch bag. To open you pull out the hole and it opens the bag. To close it you grab the two ropes on each side and pull it closed. Not sure if it is the same one but it sounded like it.

Here's a posting from the weldingweb on that same topic. You are not the only one.
    http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php...ght=helmet+bag

Default Glad It's Not Just Me

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the posts.

BD1, thanks for the link, too. I feel better after reading it. Besides helping me understand that I am not the "only one" trying to see the logic in the bag, it made me chuckle a little, too.

I have used the bag a few times... the thing that bugs me is that there doesn't seem to be a right, or a wrong way to place the helmet inside the bag. I've tried it right side up, upside down, across the seam, with the seam... there just didn't seem to be a place that it really fit.

I looked for information in the manual, too, like a poster on the other thread mentioned. I figured there must be something somewhere that would at least give a basic description of how it should be used (e.g. lens side of helmet face up with the helmet laying in the direction of the bottom seam).

I think I would need to be a lot better shape if I intended to start wearing that bad as a backpack. To me, that would seem like an invitation for an a**-kicking; but, I could be wrong.

I love the helmet. It was more costly than I thought was practical; but, in hindsight, I am really glad that I spent the extra dollars on it. Great purchase.

Thanks again for the replies.

Jeff

Default Try one of these...

Professional Auto Mechanic since 1974
    My own shop since 1981
    Cya Frank

LOL...I also appreciate this thread, I agree it's a confusing cinch. Took me more time then I thought or would care to expose to get the hang of it! Lol. And it IS a great helmet. Made the leap on the recommendation of JMK Welding,another forum member. The test drive sold me!
    Miller Thunderbolt 225 AC/DC
    Millermatic 211 Auto/MVP

May it's a pre test for welding. If ya can't get past the bag, ya have no business welding.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Hey,

Ouch.....[

QUOTE=monte55;307501]May it's a pre test for welding. If ya can't get past the bag, ya have no business welding.[/QUOTE]

I was afraid someone might say this....

Jeff

There's a pocket in the bottom of the bag for the "chin" of the helmet...slip it in and cinch it up...I picked up a backpack that holds the helmet, jacket and gloves as well as tools and other crap here:

https://weldingsupply.com/cgi-bin/einstein.pl

The link is screwy..just type backpack in the search and it'll come up
    Multimatic 200 w/ Tig kit & Spoolgun
    Victor Torch
    Accumulating as I go

Default New Fancy Bag...

These are the ones that all the kids are toting these days...find a 6th grader to help you learn how it works.
    The strings on each side are independent of each other. It goes in one side, around the top and back out the same way it came in. Each string does this. I hope that helps without demeaning too much;-)
    MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
    Just For Home Projects.