Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Any idea where I can find carbon brushes for older Metabo angle grinders

I have two working,good grinders that I can not find brushes for. I was told they are discontinued. Just wondered if anyone knows of a place that may have aftermarket brushes or maybe some business that may have the original brushes. From what I can tell they both take the same brush. They are model AG 705 and model 8125, both are Metabos. I may have to do what one guy told me he had to do,is find a brush close to size and carefully file it down. I hate to scrap a good tool. They are old,between 25-30 years old,but are still good. Thanks for any input.

Cool

I have a box full of 30 yo Makita brushes maybe they are close enough to make them fit yours. I will get some measurements. Hardware stores have misc sized brushes in those little drawers in the bolt isle...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Quote Originally Posted by aametalmaster View Post
    I have a box full of 30 yo Makita brushes maybe they are close enough to make them fit yours. I will get some measurements. Hardware stores have misc sized brushes in those little drawers in the bolt isle...Bob
    And... the brushes can be resized by careful use of a file.

Default Metabo AG705 & 8125 grinder brushes

Quote Originally Posted by NMWelding View Post
    I have two working,good grinders that I can not find brushes for. I was told they are discontinued. Just wondered if anyone knows of a place that may have aftermarket brushes or maybe some business that may have the original brushes. From what I can tell they both take the same brush. They are model AG 705 and model 8125, both are Metabos. I may have to do what one guy told me he had to do,is find a brush close to size and carefully file it down. I hate to scrap a good tool. They are old,between 25-30 years old,but are still good. Thanks for any input.
    I have the same grinders and you are correct they both use the same brushes there roughly 1/4 x 5/16 x 5/8, you can get them at www.carbonbrushes.ca 4.00 each and 5.00 for shipping.

Flex.jpg