Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default buying a used welder info

Hi,I am going to look at a Miller Syncrowave 351 later today and wanted to know if there was anything I should look for. Its a 1997 with a tig runner package and a coolmate 4 along with a few other items.I have never tig anything but stick and mig I have done for some time. Any suggestions is much appreciated.. Ty

Make sure you try it out on dc, ac, stick, etc. different amp ranges. If you don't know how, bring a friend who does. Good luck, hope its nice for a good deal! Let us know how it goes. You can also look up the serial on millers website to get more info about it. I'm not sure if that model has the counter for run hours and arc starts, gives an indication of its use history. You could look up its manual on millers site to find out how to do this.

You have the power to run that thing?
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Default spoolmatic 30

Im lokin at a spollmatic 30 used for $500 its just missing the top cover off the gun would that even matter? what would a new one cost?

Default 100 amps at 230 volt

Without looking up the manual, I would think that you would need around 100 amps at 230 volts to come close to getting full power out of it. The manual would give you the real number. Broccoli has the right question.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by wideglide View Post
    Im lokin at a spollmatic 30 used for $500 its just missing the top cover off the gun would that even matter? what would a new one cost?
    Start your own thread.