Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Another, same as above. As you can see in this pic... it is either too cold, or hotter than ****. It will do ok for non critical jobs but i wont do a whole lot of aluminum with this setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by weldonwelding View Post
    This is with the new bobcat and a hf-251d. No pedal, no on/off switch.. just a hot torch and a gas valve.
    That's nice welding anyway, many welders say Bobcats are good machines, by the looks of your weld it's a true statement.

I have the same problems with your photos. Always asks me to sign in to view them. Not happening.
    ==============
    Miller 211 MVP
    Hobart StickMate LX 235
    Lincoln AC 225
    CutMaster 42

Quote Originally Posted by Thrutraffic View Post
    I have the same problems with your photos. Always asks me to sign in to view them. Not happening.
    The album says public can view it. The picture of a lock is unlocked. Must be your computers security settings are set to high for Photobucket.

Quote Originally Posted by tackit View Post
    I made this so I could roll the saw outside. I centered the motor over the 4" sq tube riser so down forces would go straight to the floor to help with balance when cutting. The angle irons end over the center of the axle. The handle slides in out of the way. For those that don't know, you can click on the double lines down at the bottom left by the pictures and stop the slide show and see the pictures one at a time by clicking on the arrows on the screen.

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/cy...deshow/Chopsaw
    Interesting design. I like how it is portable with wheels. Does it vibrate around much when your cutting steel?

Quote Originally Posted by clint738 View Post
    Interesting design. I like how it is portable with wheels. Does it vibrate around much when your cutting steel?
    No it stays put on concrete. It's whole purpose though is to be wheeled out in the dirt where all the grinding dust and dirt is sent to the ground.

If I was to build one strictly for concrete I would put rubber machine feet on it for the real possibility of things getting under the plate and acting like bearings.

we had one bench mounted and tried a few bandaids. I agree outside is a good idea and in many cases there is no ideal but I finally had it. Mine is used daily at any time, this isnt bad. There is a little band saw hidden behind it but its a last resort, chopsaw is so fast and versitile.
    Last edited by Sberry; 04-30-2013 at 06:46 PM.

For those interested who cannot view the photobucket crap.

Cary that's got to be the best set up for a shop I've seen. Can you tell me what that screen is called and what size is it?

Someday you should build a sand blaster cabinet out of an oil tank, you have the experience, ideas and probably the tank to do it. Around here oil tanks are more scarce then hens teeth. I built a pressure pot blaster to clean steel up and an old Wards garden tractor I wanted to restore but the blaster is to big for my compressor, it would take a hour to do both sides of a 14" rim.