Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default AEAD 200-le idle control board repair

I have an aead 200-le that welds and works great. Didn't idle up when I got it, so with the help of some members here I got new scr's and replaced them. Now it idles up but never back down. It now it blows the printed circuit board line between d54 & r58. Soldered in an inline fuse in place of the line between d54 & r58 and it blows the instant the unit idles up. I know I can buy a new one but I like fixing things. Any ideas? Thanks guys

I had the same problem with my aead. I also got the same advice, to replace the 2 scrs on the idle board but i went with buying a new board from miller. Everything works fine now. I have the old board but it has the same problem as yours it sounds.. so it probly wont do you any good but If you want to try my old one with new scrs you can have it

Mine had close to the same problem, it would idle up when u strike an arc and you had to manually idle it back down with the switch, it never blew any fuses so maybe new scrs in my old board would work for you.

That is exactly why I joined this forum. People with a love for fabricating and the mighty blue boxes. That just may be the ticket for my dilemma. If my board has other faults, I can possibly take my good scr's and implant them into your good donor board. Sounds like a great idea. Thank you

What's your address. I have the original anti static packaging to send it in as well. You can email it to me @ e.6strings@gmail.com

Does yours look like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is exactly the way mine looks. I have seen the new ones weldmart sells but what fun is that, I'd rather fix one.

Did you check for a shorted zanier diode D55?
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

I will check that diode and see. Not good enough at electronics to be able to diagnose faulty parts at a glance, I can check parts and replace if I know where to look. Be great if I can make 2 good boards out of these.

Ok, I checked the Zener diode d55 with my multimeter on diode check. Got readings of .723v one direction and 1.53v the opposite direction. No clue as to what those readings mean. Thanks for the help guys