Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default TIG Torch holder

I got sick and tired of having no place to put my torch when I am welding at home. Since I have a scratch-start unit (Miller Maxstar 150 STL) I have shy'd away from just placing the torch on the top of my work bench. It either slides off or somehow flips around, electrode side down and all of the sudden everything is arcing out. Here is my solution. Its made out of 3/16" stainless rod and slides easily over the edge of my work bench which is 1/4" plate. Now I dont have to worry about anything and its out of the way
    Attached Images Attached Images

1...that is awesome....2...I feel as though the scratch satert tig has been a little discouraged here given maybe the cost/ease of use of new equipment etc....I am still thinking of setting up for it....what are your thoughts?! Thanks in advance
    Miller Thunderbolt 225 AC/DC
    Millermatic 211 Auto/MVP

Setting up your work area should be the first job.
    Nice work.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

Cool ! It's all these little things that make a difference. I'm finally getting things done now that I retired.

That's awesome! Your fixture would be nice for any welding lead (not just tig). I'm trying to find a better way to organize my table in general... I may just go ahead and buy this organizer though.

http://www.swagoffroad.com/Work-Benc...cher_p_46.html

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137