Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by weldonwelding View Post
    Occasionally i repair them but usually just build the z pipes and i build bridges for them to go across ditches up to 60' across
    Sounds interesting. They just drilled two new wells for the new systems going in up the road from me. Last year was scary dry, acres of crops were tilled under due to lack of rain.

Quote Originally Posted by tackit:306454
    Quote Originally Posted by weldonwelding View Post
    Occasionally i repair them but usually just build the z pipes and i build bridges for them to go across ditches up to 60' across
    Sounds interesting. They just drilled two new wells for the new systems going in up the road from me. Last year was scary dry, acres of crops were tilled under due to lack of rain.
    Now they can suck the wells dry.

We just use an RMR roughing cutter for all our tube notching needs on our Bridgeport style mill.
    As Sprintcar repairs are one of our main sources of work we do lots of tube notching and as the pics below show we tilt the tube in the vice.
    This is done solely for speed of manufacture, ideally tilting the machine head is the best option but when your using the machine to make money, then time saved is money saved.
    There isn't a faster method of coping tubes we've found and it allows easy reworking of the notch if you get the notch slightly out of alignment and need to rotate it in the vice.
    We've been doing this a long time and the system of tube to machine orientation works for us but it may not suit others.
    Regards Andrew from Oz.

We are tig welders, gravity doesn't worry us.

Miller Dynasty 350 Tig.
    OTC AVP300 AC/DC 300 amp hybrid wave Tig. (now retired)
    Kemppi MLS 2300 230amp AC/DC Tig for home with all the bells and whistles.