Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default bamboo ladders are light, strong and safe to use around electricity

What if a bee stung the guy holding the ladder on the lip? Or a fly flew up his nose?

Everything will be OK. Don't worry. They have their hard hats on!

Quote Originally Posted by weldonwelding View Post
    Everything will be OK. Don't worry. They have their hard hats on!
    Who needs fiberglass when bamboo is plentiful. I wonder what product or method they use to hold the ladder's rungs to the rails. I've seen where they use bamboo to build scaffolding on commercial high rises too. It's probably just as strong,light and spark proof as fiberglass.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by tackit View Post
    I wonder what product or method they use to hold the ladder's rungs to the rails.
    Some use lashing made from palm tree leaves i saw it on Gilligans Island in '65 ...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Quote Originally Posted by aametalmaster View Post
    Some use lashing made from palm tree leaves i saw it on Gilligans Island in '65 ...Bob
    Surely if it was strong enough to be used on Gilligans Island back in '65 then it is more than strong enough to pass the strictest OSHA standards today.

Looks like a Chinese acrobatic show. At first glance I thought "Dang, look at what that guy on the bottom is doing!" Then I look around and see the supervisor holding his chin, the police van to the right, and just the right height for the ladder too. Oh, oh. Now where is that policeman?
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw
    6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Quote Originally Posted by aametalmaster View Post
    Hey Bob, You know you are getting old when someone asks you that age old question: "Ginger or Maryanne? and you respond "Neither...Mrs. Howell!".
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe
    Select Machine and Tool Mill
    More stuff than I can keep track of..

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by nocheepgas View Post
    Hey Bob, You know you are getting old when someone asks you that age old question: "Ginger or Maryanne? and you respond "Neither...Mrs. Howell!".
    Deff MaryAnne ...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

I've got no problem at all with the bamboo ladder, I'm well familiar with that amazing stuff. My fascination is with the Asian version of Clark Kent holding the ****ed thing! I wanna be him when I grow up....
    Miller Diversion 165
    1966 Bridgeport Mill
    Leblond 15x 35 Regal Servoshift lathe
    Solberga SE 1425 Drill Press
    Bigass Bandsaw
    Hydraulic press
    small surface grinder
    Belt sander
    Tons of grinders and hand tools
    Knife edge Balancing rollers
    Heat and AC in the garage

Jags and racing Triumphs

Quote Originally Posted by tackit View Post
    What if a bee stung the guy holding the ladder on the lip? Or a fly flew up his nose?
    That's what the guy standing behind him is supposed to be preventing, he is also the safety coordinator.