Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by tackit View Post
    In theory they are but in tight places and where there is no light it's not easy to read a beam. I like a clicker because I set it and forget it, that's why I want good ones.
    tackit, the micrometer type torque wrenches need to be set back to zero after each use to keep their accuracy. I think you meant set it and forget it while in use, just wanted to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by cope View Post
    tackit, the micrometer type torque wrenches need to be set back to zero after each use to keep their accuracy. I think you meant set it and forget it while in use, just wanted to be sure.
    I didn't know that Cope. Thank you for the tip, it's much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigantor View Post
    Snap On digitals are great I have the full set.

Ji
    Jigantor I think CDI is Snap On. I doubt I could afford their digital torque wrenches. G'day mate to all you Aussies, nice to have you on the board.

Take a close look at the CDI wrenches in the link. Note that the 3/8" only goes to 21.8 ft/ lbs (250 in/lbs).

I recently needed to replace some 20+ year old torque wrenches and, after a lot of looking, I found the digital torque wrenches on the Eastwood.com site. The accuracy specs are excellent compared to others plus they have the 72 tooth ratchet vs about half that for most others. I bought one for my son for Christmas. I will be using it in a couple of weeks to replace the head gasket on his car. Then I will know how good it is. At this point, I can only say that I have been very satisfied with everything that I have purchased from Eastwood and I have high hopes for the torque wrench.

Quote Originally Posted by davido30093 View Post
    Take a close look at the CDI wrenches in the link. Note that the 3/8" only goes to 21.8 ft/ lbs (250 in/lbs).

I recently needed to replace some 20+ year old torque wrenches and, after a lot of looking, I found the digital torque wrenches on the Eastwood.com site. The accuracy specs are excellent compared to others plus they have the 72 tooth ratchet vs about half that for most others. I bought one for my son for Christmas. I will be using it in a couple of weeks to replace the head gasket on his car. Then I will know how good it is. At this point, I can only say that I have been very satisfied with everything that I have purchased from Eastwood and I have high hopes for the torque wrench.
    Dave I want a in/lb torque wrench for small bolts going into aluminum. The Eastwoods are nice wrenches, if they made a in/lb torque wrench I would consider them.

Quote Originally Posted by tackit View Post
    I didn't know that Cope. Thank you for the tip, it's much appreciated.
    Don't ask how I know.

Quote Originally Posted by cope View Post
    Don't ask how I know.
    I hear ya bud.