Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default trailblazer 250g rectifier shorted out.

Hey everyone! got a quick question. I was welding today (GMAW, .035, 70S-6) had welded about 5 feet total and arc went away and welder was under big load. Hurried up and shut it down to find out the rectifier had shorted out. Any ideas what happen? I know the first 2 of ther serial is "KA" will get the rest tomorrow. I think the rectifier is 100% duty cycle so I don't really know what went wrong. Still has gen power. I took the rectifier out and it's toasted. Any ideas from you guys what went wrong? I hate to replace the rectifier if something else cause it, don't mind replacing it if just went bad. I don't like just changing parts until it's fixed, I like to know what went wrong and fix the right things. Again Thank you in advance!

Your running too low of high idle RPM, and asking the machine to do too much with it.

Get yourself a meter that reads frequency (HZ). Your unit MUST read 62.5Hz high idle no load, and 43HZ low idle Adjust the engine to reach this reading

rpm hertz.jpg

With this I'm reading 3500 rpms, @ 58 hz. Do you find this correct? Also i thought that 3600 rpms was max on the P220 onan. Is that so and will the engine stand more rpm's? Thanks for the help.

No do what cruzier says over 62 hz your probably going to have to have 3700 or over rpms . Look in your manual it says how to set it . But I go with cruzier.

Default Thanks!

Thanks!