Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Portable Welder Watch for this Scam

Heres the latest scam that was being played on me.

Out of the Blue I had a pastor of Trinidad Home of Hope orphanage contact me through E-mail.

Wants to buy 140 sheets of expanded metal and 15' of fencing that they will install their selves so I got a price together and emailed the quote.

I then found out that he's in San Juan Trinidad. So now I'm thinking this is a scam but I played along to see how they were going to try to get my money.

The scum Bag is going under the Name of Rev. Mathew Kings which is probably whos credit card he has stolen.

In his email he gives me a link to the shipping company called Protrac shipping that he wants me to use to ship the stuff.
    There is a Protrack shipping but the link he sent me did not have the K in it so that set off another red flag.

He then calls me with a credit card # and wants me to process it over the phone while he waits ( I suspect it was stolen so I acted like everything was fine and it went through He wanted me to do 2 transactions on one card and one on another because the total was $ 7,000 for shipping.

Okay, so now he wants me to ship as soon as possible so I play along and contact: Protrac shipping and protrac shipping needs me to Western union or some how bankwire the money to their bank,

When I said that was a hassle and mentioned I could just Fedex it to him he said that wont work I must use protrac thats the only people they deal with.

So if you process the credit cards the credit card company will take the money back so you loose out there, If the stuff ships you loose your material and he gets paid when you do a wire transfer to the shipping company.

The address he was using in the scam was 32 Eastern Main street, San Juan, 0255 Trinidad.

Another thing I forgot to mention.

Another red flag was that when I asked did he want pickets on 4" centers or 6" he never replied, I also asked him if he wanted #9 or #13 expanded and he could'nt care less about any specifications on what he was buying.

yea that's the way the whole world is getting. its really bad coming from abroad but even in the US is getting just as bad.

Real working people are becoming a thing of the past. People are wanting to scam and cheat for a living.

I guess the car sales industry is leading the way. So much trickery and dishonesty it is unbelievable.

When I was living the single life and checking out the dating sites I actually enjoyed dissecting all the scammers. They go after people who they know or think are desperate.

In the future it should be a good thing for those of us who don't mind a honest days work.

Reminds me of being in Saudi Arabia in 91. Those people don't work physical labor jobs. They hire it all out from out of country. Some will disagree but that's all I saw. Most labor was coming in from India.

Too bad you can't knock on that scammers door and help him with his lead deficiency.

I receive at least one E-mail per month on these scams.
    2, XMT's 350 cc/cv
    1, XMT 350 vs
    1, TRAILBLAZER 302
    1, MILLER DVI
    1, PASSPORT PLUS
    1, DYNASTY 200 DX
    1, MAXSTAR 150 STL
    1, HOBART CHAMP
    1, HF-251 BOX
    1, S-74d
    1, S-75DXA
    2, 12-RC SUITCASES
    2, 30 A spoolguns

Default Portable Welder Watch for this Scam

Just found out from the IRS that someone stole my SS number & filed a tax return in 2011 they put a freeze on it and I didn't know anything till couple weeks ago when they sent me a letter notifying me they need more info before processing my return. But I hadn't filed yet cause I pay in. After calling in they told me someone had filed under my SS number for a $5400.00 return. But luckily they had a hold since 2011 and didn't pay any out.
    Like all things with our Government I still had to file and send in my money, they will cash my checks. But at least now It's under investigation.
    Scams are everywhere!!
    Like my mama always said, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably isn't.