Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Franken Bicycles?

Hey all,

Just grabbed a little boys bike someone was tossing - I'm planning on hacking it up into a chopper-trike for my toddler son. Anyone done this or know someone and have pictures? experience? I've a mig and stick to work with - been reading about welding chromol but believe this is mild steel - it's HEAVY! Anyway - end of the day I put it out with the trash as well - but thought I'd have some fun with it - first!

thx for any ideas/pic posts.....

j
    Miller Thunderbolt 225 AC/DC
    Millermatic 211 Auto/MVP

Since this isn't a NHRA certified deal I think mig w/ 70s6 would be fine. I know that the offroad chassis builider Jimmy's 4x4 uses a mig to put their chromo chassis together.
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Thx for the input elvis...its definitely a slow speed, low impact, light light rider "inspirationN!
    Millermatic 211 Auto/MVP

Cool

I know this won't answer your question but its a cool link anyways...Bob
    http://motorbicycling.com/index.php?
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Thx for the links aametalmaster and broccoli1...great stuff!
    Millermatic 211 Auto/MVP

This brings back memories! As a kid we'd hack the forks off a 'parts' bike and drive them onto the forks of a working bike, add a small tire up front, big slick in the back, ape hangers and the biggest sissy bar we could find. A can or three of spray paint finished this masterpiece off. LOL, I think it's somewhat less than you were looking for though.

Cool

I bought a set of hacked off fork tubes off my buddies bike for a dollar when i was like 14. Pounded them on my bike and had a wicked chopper bike. Unstable as heck but it looked good. Then one day i was riding thru the schoolyard trying to impress the new girl and the tubes came off my forks. Yup i went butt over tea kettle and was bleeding pretty good. I drug my busted bike about 30 yards home and was getting cleaned up when a knock at the door. It was the girl bringing back my front wheel and the sawed off fork tubes. Guess i should have bolted them on my fork. Never saw the girl again either....Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Quote Originally Posted by HayFarmer View Post
    This brings back memories! As a kid we'd hack the forks off a 'parts' bike and drive them onto the forks of a working bike, add a small tire up front, big slick in the back, ape hangers and the biggest sissy bar we could find. A can or three of spray paint finished this masterpiece off. LOL, I think it's somewhat less than you were looking for though.
    this is pretty much what I will be doing...just hacking together some things to make a trike out of it....prob even put a bench or two bucket seats on it to .... Have some fun..and if its a wreck just chop it up and put it in the trash! Lol
    Millermatic 211 Auto/MVP

You will post pics...right?